Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No FTTP offering

FIXED
Mark_g1
Grafter

No FTTP offering

Been with plusnet for a very long time and would really like that continue (partly due to my referral discount).  FTTP has recently been installed and activated down our round.  I believe it's a community fibre project between OpenReach and an independent company (Jurassic Fibre)

Here is where it gets interesting.  My neighbour, connected to the same telegraph pole as me can get full FTTP on plusnet checker.  My property however is only being offered fibre to the cabinet (which I already have).  The independent fibre operator has been knocking doors and tell me they CAN offer full FTTP.

Like i said, i am keen to stay with plusnet, as with my discount, plusnet works out slightly cheaper than the independent (which is coming in at £21.50 a month FTTP, which is significantly below plusnet pricing).  

Taking to plusnet customer support hasn't really helped.  Is there a way to get OpenReach to check their database?

11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: No FTTP offering

@Mark_g1 Post a screenshot of the result of this check: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL . If your neighbour can get FTTP with Plusnet, I can see no reason why you can't. However, I am a little suspicious, as Jurassic Fibre, AFAIK, are an 'alternative network', not connected with BT.

John
Mark_g1
Grafter

Mine:

Screenshot_2023-03-13-07-42-34-992~2.png

Neighbour:

Screenshot_20230313-074337~2.jpg:

Mark_g1
Grafter

Both properties are equal distance from the main road that fibre was laid along, and i see no logical reason why our results should be any different.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

There could be a mistake somewhere, have you checked if Jurassic Fibre can provide a service to you and your neighbour?

Dan

Mark_g1
Grafter

Jurassic are offering it all down our road, as are plusnet.  Everyone except me it seems...  I have put some other UPRNs in down our street and mine is an outlier on the  OpenReach checker, which is why I think it's a database error and not an actual restriction.

Mark_g1
Grafter

So the essence of my problem is, I don't want to drop plusnet, as I have built up a decent monthly referral discount and they are a pretty decent supplier, however I'm stuck in a bit of a middle ground.

If I wait, i could be waiting for a long time.

If I jump ship, i permanently lose my monthly referral discounts, and sods law states a week after I jump, the error on the database gets gets and OpenReach start offering it at my UPRN.and i could have stayed..

Need to be able to make an informed decision.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Fix

Try filling in this form for Openreach to check and (hopefully) fix their database: https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mark_g1
Grafter

Perfect, thanks. Will wait for a review from openreach.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from  Full Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mark_g1
Grafter

Eventually got this sorted.  it was a database issue, It only took Openreach 4 months and 3 visits to the pole outside the house to come up with the conclusion that I had already came to back in April, all the wires were in place, and poles either side were OK on the database, it is a suspect dodgy database entry.

FTTP all ordered up for install next week!

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Mark_g1  It's unbelievable that Openreach are so bad that it takes them 4 months to sort out an obvious database error.😫

I would have been emailing their CEO months ago, it can get quick results.