Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract and annual price rises

shamus
Grafter

New contract and annual price rises

Just after a little bit of clarity...

I am in the last month of my current contract which runs until 21/03/22. If I renew today, will the price I renew at be honoured until next March (2023)? Or will I be subject to this March's price rise before I have even paid the first month of the new contract?

7 REPLIES 7
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: New contract and annual price rises

Hiya @shamus, thank you for getting in touch! I'm sorry for the confusion with the upcoming CPI+ increase and would like to help clear this up.

If you were to renew your package, this would be subject to the CPI+ terms and so a new subject to the price rise this year if it starts before March 31st.

Please get back to me should you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
shamus
Grafter

Thanks @LaurenB....

So let me get this straight.

I renew my contract at £25 (just an example figure), but I never actually pay £25 per month, I have to add on the ~9% to get the true price!? That seems utterly ridiculous, why can't you just quote me the price that I am actually going to be paying?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to me @shamus.

That is correct, if you recontract before the increase occurs, after the 31st the amount will be increased by the 9.3%. If you recontract over the phone, I'm sure the team will be able to confirm the amount for after the increase occurs for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
zxcvbnm
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That is correct, if you recontract before the increase occurs, after the 31st the amount will be increased by the 9.3%. If 

Sorry hijacking thread rather. 

But is it definitely the 31st of March? The terms and conditions and some of the guides say the 1st of March? Some of them say the 31st of March.

(This one says the 31st of march)

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/2022-pricing-changes-faq/

This one says the 1st of March

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cpi-plus-guide/

as do the terms and conditions.

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/

Or am I reading the wrong things?

Sorry picky but it niggles at me to be confused...

Thanks.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@zxcvbnm 

I have had my March bill and it was charged at the same rate as February and so I think that the relevant date for the increase is 31st March. It is poor that Plusnet cannot get its facts correct in all relevant pages.

zxcvbnm
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks jgb, I guess that must be it then. In fairness it does say the price rise is the 1st of March or later and the 31st is later.... Thought that rather raises questions in itself.

As I said I don't really need to know this year its just disconcerting not to be able to tell....

Seems rather hard luck on people who read the terms and conditions and signed up in late March thinking they had skipped this years price rise... 

Ho hum. Onward. Thanks

jwsg
Rising Star

Perhaps the answer is that the base contract allow PN to apply an increase from any date they choose on or after Mach 1 and for 2022 (which the first linked article refers) that date is the 31st - but could be another date in March or even April next year.

It's not great that adverts over the last month or two (for all ISPs to be fair) show a price that's only valid for a month out of 18 and mention this increase as a formula rather than clearly saying it's, say, £23 for one month but £25 for the next 11. 

The amount of this increase also needs to be reviewed with CPI heading towards 10%