cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to BT

paul_edwin
Grafter

Moving to BT

After many happy years with Plusnet, I'm reluctantly moving back to BT just to get a good deal on a TV sports package. 😬

There's something odd happening when I try to process the chosen order on bt.com:

1. I've got a BT ID with no BT account number associated with it. If I sign in to that, I get directed to an "old" style page which offers Fibre 2 for £52.98 per month (😱)
  2. If I choose not to sign in, I get prompted to create an account and asked for my BT account number. I don't have a BT account number. Clicking the link for "Don't have a BT account number" takes me to the 'Forgotten account number' form, which tells me 'The telephone number you entered is not an active BT Landline number.'

(I'd ask on BT's community pages, but I can't post there because I can't verify my email address. The verification emails disappear into the aether… 🙄)

Any ideas? Could it be something associated with this property or phone number?

2 REPLIES 2
paul_edwin
Grafter

Re: Moving to BT

In case anybody's interested: BTCare on Twitter are telling me that the £52.98 monthly cost is the specific deal for my area, even though it shows the normal £36.99 as soon as I've entered my address. That seems… wrong.

paul_edwin
Grafter

Re: Moving to BT

After all that faffing about on the BT website, I gave up and did it on the phone. Done and dusted in 15 minutes. No idea what the problem with the website was. 🤷‍♂️