cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Requests

jmd
Grafter

Re: MAC Requests

just had a response on my ticket  to say that they have NOT issued a mac code and I need to phone again!
managed to get through on phone and after a wait got the code.  however because I am hard of hearing have requested it by email so as to ensure that it is correct before I pass it on to Sky.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@jmdlp going to take a look at this now for you...
Edit: Looks like somebody's beaten me to it as the MAC has now been added to your support ticket?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jmd
Grafter

Thanks Bob - yes, I managed to get through to Customer Options and after holding on for while got the Mac Key.
Incidentally I feel that this should be able to be done by email/ticket without having to phone.  If like me you have a hearing problem getting the long list of letters/numbers can be difficult - especially if you have to keep on asking the person at other end to repeat what they say again and again.
I also got some more information of Just Mail see other thread in feedback
Lurker
Grafter

For completeness I suppose its worth adding a note here:
When you get a MAC code, it will be added to a ticket accessible via the "My questions"
Sometimes the ticket will be a closed ticket - you might have to set the view to show you all tickets from the past 7 days in order to see it.
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: jmdlp
Incidentally I feel that this should be able to be done by email/ticket without having to phone.

You are thinking of the 'old' Plusnet, where the staff were able to give the customer 'what they wanted' assuming it made sense.
These days it has to fit a set routine/path and not deviate from that path in order for the product to meet the margins required.
That service is of course still available from some ISPs, but it is not cheap (One in particular that I'm thinking of would charge you £17.95 a month minimum, with quite a modest usage cap.)
If you think back, PN used to be a bit like that - you had to pay a little more than average, and on paper it seemed you got a little less. The difference was made up in service.
In order for the business to scale and grow though, it needs to attract more customers, and to do so it has to play by the 'mass market' rules.
PN isn't quite the mass-market player if you compare to the real big-boys, PN operate at a level that my/our industry would describe as 'masstige' - an term we use for something between a prestige and a mass market product.
Logically you might have the OLD PN as a prestige product (at least they aimed for that a lot of the time)
BT are definitely mass-market.
The new PN is somewhere between the two.
This isn't supposed to be a case of damning by feint praise, just where I see the business as being positioned.
James
Grafter

Hi Josie,
There's a ticket on your account with the MAC.  You should have automatically received an email.
jmd
Grafter

Yes, now have this email.
Informed that must phone again to ask about Justmail.