Line Rental Saver refund if terminating early

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Line Rental Saver refund if terminating early

@dvorak wrote:

That's at distinct odds with the PN website that says:

Is Line Rental Saver refundable?
You can cancel Line Rental Saver within the first 14 days after ordering and get a full refund. After this, you can cancel the service at any time, but the fee is non-refundable.

Normally we will only refund LRS as quoted above, however following a price increase we do refund for unused months.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Of course you have to. You don't have any choice.

But wouldn't it be great if all plusnet staff sang from the same song sheet.

JonoH
Hero

@billnotben wrote:

wouldn't it be great if all plusnet staff sang from the same song sheet.

yes it would, the training is crystal clear so I don't know how this has happened. My apologies to anyone who has been advised incorrectly.

Jono H
pennykay1

Please can someone help with this. I am waiting for a pro-rata refund of my line rental. I left Plusnet on 1st May. I have rung customer services and each time I ring have to go through a conversation with the member of staff telling me I am not eligible for this, then reading my notes/speaking to a manager and confirming that I am. None of the staff I have spoken to seem to know about the law around refunds for paid in advance line rental when you increase prices.

During my last call on 11th May I was told that the issue had been passed to the correct department for my refund to be processed on 8th May and that it should have happened within 72 hours of this but still nothing. I am owed about £115 so need this money urgently especially as I have paid my new provider now. Please can this be sorted. 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @pennykay1,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been given incorrect information about the line rental saver refund and also that this hasn't been sent yet.

I have calculated and sent your refund now. Please see the ticket here for more information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
pennykay1

Thanks very much Emily for your quick response

JonoH
Hero

Hi Penny, I'm really sorry that this has happened and have arranged for the call centre to be re-briefed on how to process existing months of Line Rental Saver for customers leaving because of the pricing refresh.

Jono H
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Is it possible that call centre staff know full well about customers rights when a price increase occurs?

But have no idea when it comes to a "price refresh".

Many plusnet customers are more than a bit puzzled by this phrase so unless call centre staff are trained in something other than plain English speaking they will be too.

JonoH
Hero

billnotben wrote:

Is it possible that call centre staff know full well about customers rights when a price increase occurs?

But have no idea when it comes to a "price refresh"

No

unless call centre staff are trained in something other than plain English speaking they will be too.

To avoid confusion we always train our staff in plain English.

increase Verb 
become or make greater in size, amount, or degree.

it would be incorrect for us to use the term price rise internally as when changes happen, sometimes some individual things go down. This time Caller ID is now included, previously broadband has been reduced at the same time as line rental has been increased. this is why it's called a pricing refresh as individual products pricing may increase or decrease and often it impacts multiple products in different ways.

I do however understand why many people externally refer to it as a price increase, 

Jono H
stevo2

I too am in the same boat as other users here - I have migrated away from Plusnet (last week) but there are two full months of line rental saver unused -I was advised over the phone last week that this was not refundable but this is not true according to this thread. How long does it take for this to appear back in my bank account? I have not seen anything so far.

JonoH
Hero

Hi @stevo2 I'm really sorry that you've been misinformed, I've spoken to the agent that's handled your refund and that will leave us today and they send their apologies for missing it as part of normal process.

The agent that you spoke to that advised you incorrectly, I've arranged for him to receive further training from their manager.

Jono H
stevo2

Many thanks for sorting this- it is much appreciated!
bigwest
Dabbler

Hi, I'm in the same situation as others on this thread. I left plusnet earlier this month due to the price increases and have been told over the phone I am not eligible for a refund of un-used LRS. Could someone help with this ?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@bigwest

This was supposed to have be addressed by @JonoH 

Looks like the message hasn't got through.

You may wish to do the following too while waiting for a Plusnet response

1. Make an official complaint procedure using the steps here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

2. Inform OFCOM about Plusnet's behaviour as it is against the OFCOM License. They cannot help in individual cases but will use the information if sufficient people complain https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/billing

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
JonoH
Hero

I’m really disappointed that this issue still isn’t resolved and would like to offer a my sincerest apologies.

Please pm me your account details and I’ll make sure your issue is resolved.
 Jono H