Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving plusnet

FIXED
gilesda

Leaving plusnet

Hi.
My contract ended on the 13th of this month and I'm leaving plusnet. My service gets switched on the 15th, tomorrow, and I've received s bill from plusnet. The bill is for a full month at a non discounted price. As I pay a month in advance I'm wondering why I'm going to be charged for another month. I can understand having to pay for two days service but a full month is a joke.
Is there anyone who can look into this for me please.
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Leaving plusnet

Fix

@gilesda 

This is standard practice. When your account is finally closed you will receive a pro rata refund. If you don’t close your direct debit it will be refunded directly to your account. If you close the DD there will be a further delay before you are sent a cheque.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gilesda

Ah ok, I understand now. Thanks for your help.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Why is it a joke - it is just your normal monthly bill, which as you say is paid in advance. 

You will get your final bill after you leave which should include a refund for those days after you left.

gilesda

It's not my normal monthly bill, it's significantly higher. I shouldn't be getting a bill anyway if I pay a month ahead. My final bill should be two days service not a full month. But it was explained how they operate in the reply before yours. They take a month then refund what you don't owe. I didn't know that which is why I started the thread.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @gilesda

Thanks a lot for reaching out. Your bill this month will be significantly higher because you're paying in advance for 30 days of "out of contract" service. When your contract ends, the discounts associated with it expire. We take a full month's payment in advance because theoretically, the cancellation can be cancelled on your end.

As you've already been advised though, a final bill will be produced within 20 days of your account closing, which will include a pro rata refund. Smiley

Hope that clears things up.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds