Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet Help

FIXED
Jbutton
Dabbler

Leaving Plusnet Help

Hello,

im looking for some help of staff on the leaving Plusnet Fibre, my contract is due to end on 26th Jul 2022 and i would like to switch to another provider, what i'm asking is can i leave the day after or do i have to give 14 days notice and leave on the 9th Aug 2022? Its a little confusing, i don't want to end up with a charge.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Jbutton
Dabbler

Re: Leaving Plusnet Help

Also if i was to sign up to the other provider today (Now Fibre) my switch date would be 18th July, can some tell me how much i would be charged for leaving 9 days early please?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Fix

@Jbutton 

You pay for your phone line and broadband a month in advance, Consequently your cancellation ‘charge’ would simply be a reduction in the amount that Plusnet will refund to you for the 9 days that you have already paid for between when you leave and the end of the contract.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jbutton
Dabbler

oh right ok, that shouldn't a lot then, i thought maybe there would an extra charge on top.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Jbutton 

No there’s no penalty charge. 
Do not cancel your contract with Plusnet. Get your new ISP to handle the service transfer for you, which will trigger the cancellation automatically else you will have all manner of problems.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jbutton
Dabbler

will do, thank you for your help.