cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase

MymsMan
Dabbler

Re: Increase

@Townman  Over £13 extra is excessive for an adjustment!

MymsMan
Dabbler

Long wait on hold but problem now resolved.

Reduced discount has been reversed and haggled renewal price down to £21.99 for 2 year contract (hope inflation is much lower by next March)

ginger135
Fixes: 1

I have a weird discrepancy too. No clue if they are trying to be sneaky but the rise is massive even considering RPI. 

molerat
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

A poster on MSE has reported their bill produced today is correct even though the dashboard is showing the incorrect amount.

jwsg
Rising Star

As there's been no communication from PN or a fix I contacted CS by phone. Initially the dashboard figure was confirmed because that's what their system calculates but with persistence and pointing out the correct lower figure in their email the agent found out there is a known issue with discounts that is being looked at but wasn't able to correct the account. This was captured in a closed ticket but if the next bill is wrong it's going to have to be sorted by refund. 

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Our family have PN at two properties

Recontracting the full fibre property gave a lower price and this shows in the dashboard. Saved £2 on the proper increased price and £4 on the dashboard price.

Recontracting the other "normal" fibre property twice and it still shows the 28% price in the dashboard. The recontract price is about what the increase should be and £3 less than the dashboard.

It's a mess.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 29

Hi all! 

As most of you have seen by now, there is an issue with discounts being applied after the price increase. This is due to be fixed by the end of the week so your bills will show the correct figure. 

Anyone who has been billed before Friday and has been bulled incorrect, let us know so we can get a refund organised for you. 

You can check your bills online here: https://www.plus.net/member-centre/billing-payments

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Weird one here - the new bill/future bill amount has been corrected - but is 3p more than my increase email received in February! Can't see how the system has arrived at a figure so close but not exact !! Not worth phoning about currently - I'll leave it til the fuss has died down.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

In answer to my own previous post - I've realised that they have continued with the full value agreed discount on the broadband portion ,but have only discounted the rental portion by the originally agreed 20p ,(not 20p plus 14.4% = 23p)

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@davidj66 

I suspect that it is due to the way that Plusnet apply discounts etc. Rather than just a price for your deal you get the full prices set out for broadband and line rental and then discounts on each of those (and possibly more than one discount on one or the other depending on how COT have dealt with your negotiations). Madness!

There are so many lines in your bill statement and each has had the 14.4% adjustment applied (either as an increased cost or as a increased discount) that the rounding errors up or down to the nearest penny in each line could easily result in a 3p total discrepancy if they all go one way (up or down). I also suspect that the email we received a month or so ago is not calculated in exactly the same way and so the discrepancy.

Edit - You found it! Plusnet accounting strikes again - as I say the problem with multiple discounts!

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

The Email I got back in February stated there would be an increase of £4.92 making my new monthly bill £37.81 yet in my Members centre my new monthly bill is showing as £42.31 an increase of £9.92 , I saw there is supposed to be a fix by end of the week so I waited until today but it doesn't appear to have been done and with it being Easter from Tomorrow I don't expect it to be done by end of the week like was said, Can Someone from staff take a look at this please.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

It is not the end of the week.

Computer systems do not take bank holidays off.

It is an automated process ... but processing 100,000s of accounts takes time.

It is quite feasible that updating the price of a product is a single database record update, so the appearance of the increase in instant.  Updating discount values needs to be done on each individual account according to the arrangements on each account (if any), thus the discount adjustment will lag the increase.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Well my Dashboard price has changed today but it is still wrong. Like @davidj66 above, it seems that Plusnet have only applied the 14.4% increase to one of the discounts on my account, that for the Unlimited Broadband, and not to the other discount on the Line Rental. That discount was £1.20 and now should be  £1.37.

Yes, the price showing now is only £0.17 higher than it should be, but it should be correct. If this is replicated over many accounts Plusnet are incorrectly taking a significant amount.

It may be that there is another correction yet to roll through the system to sort this out but some information from Plusnet would be of use to clarify what is going on.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

It may be that there is another correction yet to roll through the system

AIUI the scripts operate on a per-product basis on groups of accounts. So there are separate scripts to adjust discounts on  line rental and broadband products. They should all complete by the end of the week.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jwsg
Rising Star

No update to the Dashboard yet. Assuming there are 100,000s of accounts to be corrected - so not a minor issue - it's strange how few users have posted here or elsewhere, and little official from PN either here, or on social media or website, apart from from the Plusnet Help Team above.