cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect early termination charge?

pelekophoros

Incorrect early termination charge?

Hi

My billing period runs from the 25th of the month to the 24th of the subsequent month. My contract expires on 24th April.

I am moving to another provider ahead of that date (tomorrow, the 11th April). Plusnet have informed me that I have to pay an early termination fee - however, I have already paid for the full month to 24th April.

I did this intentionally, so as to have fulfilled the contract and to ensure continuity of service. I do not understand how I could avoid going beyond 24th April, and therefore incurring significant additional charges, without doing this.

Either the early termination charge needs to be written off - I have fulfilled my side of the contract and already paid all monies due - or my final bill needs to be adjusted to reflect the services I did not use due to service being switched over on 11th April.

Is there anyone from Plusnet here who can assist with one of those outcomes?

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

Re: Incorrect early termination charge?

Plusnet have informed me that I have to pay an early termination fee - however, I have already paid for the full month to 24th April.

technically an ETC is due for the period from when you leave to the end of the contract (24th). However, as you say you have already paid in advance to the 24th, and this will be more than the ETC charges. This will be corrected when your final bill is generated, up to 21 days after you leave. The final bill will therefore be a small credit.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@pelekophoros 

The final bill will therefore be a small credit.

So please don't close your direct debit on leaving as it becomes very difficult to return your credit.

pelekophoros

Thank you guys, appreciate it.