cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Bill - ongoing problem

RL0012

Incorrect Bill - ongoing problem

My contract is for Unlimited Broadband inc. Line rental (£23.19). Last month I added Evening & Weekend UK & Mobile (£5.71) and according to "Your Products" the correct total is £28.90.

However for the second month in a row my bill is showing as £40.44!

This was supposed to have been sorted out last month, ticket number #227991248, but is obviously not sorted as my bill for 25th October is showing as £40.44 again. Can you please get this sorted out before the direct debit is taken for the incorrect amount next week?

Many thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
RL0012

Re: Incorrect Bill - ongoing problem

Is it possible to receive a support reply here, or do I need to phone again?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm really sorry about the incorrect billing, I can see you called in yesterday and it's been resolved but please do let me know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Sorry us taking a few days to respond on here by the way. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RL0012

Unfortunately the problem is still not resolved and appears to be getting worse!

Now, not only is the bill incorrect, but now the account information is also showing the wrong amount without the discount applied. Previously this was correct. Is there any chance of getting this fixed at all? My contract is about to end and since the current contract is still wrong I'm not holding out much hope for a new one working correctly. Can someone please get this sorted?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry that this has happened again, it seems to be due to an issue with the contract on our systems being stuck in a "pending" status, so I'll get your discounts added in manually. 

Would it be OK to credit the over-payment so it deducts from the next bill or would you prefer a refund?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RL0012

I am still being overcharged each month! My account still shows the fibre and phone features without the discount applied and the actual charge seems to be completely random each month, as I can't see how it relates to either what should be the correct charge or the overcharged amount. It now seems to be in between the the two and still too much. Is it possible for someone to actually fix this please so I am not being constantly overcharged each month for this service?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi @RL0012

I'm really sorry for how long it's taken to get back to you. We've been quite busy recently so it's taking longer than we'd like to reply.

It looks like the work Adam put through didn't quite fix the issue. I've sorted it now moving forward and you'll get charged the correct amount moving forward.

Unfortunately, I can't refund you any overcharge just yet as we're so close to your bill date but I've set a reminder to put that through for you after it.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with 

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I thought you would have to refund the amount immediately under the Direct Debit Guarantee?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@iannewson  You thought wrong, nothing works the way you would expect with Plusnet's wonderful billing system, you will get your refund but probably in a few weeks time.🙄

iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Well looks like you can request it back from your bank 

"This means that if you or the billing organisation has made an error in the payment of a direct debit, you (the bank or building society) must pay the customer a full and immediate refund."

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/businesses/complaints-deal/banking-and-payments/direct-debits....

Now as to if you should, considering the problems down the line that it would cause is another story 😂

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The above pivots on the definition of "error in payment" - error in part of the charge (as here) or error in the whole of the charge.  Clearly the latter is readily open to the DD protection as described - a full and immediate refund, but the former is not - banks cannot arrange a part refund.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.