I requested to cancel my account but im still being billed
Re: I requested to cancel my account but im still being billed
Is that cancelled as in the total cessation of service on your line, or cancellation as in I am changing suppliers?
When in November did you cancel, what is the cancellation date and when is your billing date?
- You must give 14 days notice of cancellation
- If you are migrating to another provider, you do not need to tell Plusnet, the new provider in effect the cancellation process via the line take over process
- If you are terminating the service all together, you need to do that by speaking with COTS or by sending a written letter to Plusnet's offices - see section 19.2 of the T&Cs
19.2. Communicating with us: If you wish to give us notice, you must do so by either: 19.2.1. phoning our customer service team; or 19.2.2. writing to Plusnet Plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU.
- If the effective notice date is after or close to the billing date, you will be billed for the next month
- Within 21 days of the service ceasing you will receive the final bill, which will be a credit for any unused service from the actual termination date to the end of the last billed period
There are though complications, especially where the service provision is being taken over...
- If the migration is to a not on the BT network provider (think the likes of Virgin Media) their takeover processes do not always cleanly terminate the services provided by BT Openreach and thus Plusnet is not advised that the service has actually ceased
- If the migration is to another provider AND is a switch to FTTP AND you asked to keep your existing number, the the responsibility for terminating the service with Plusnet falls to you as per the requirements of the T&Cs section 9, executed as per 19.2 above
You might find some insight as to the state of play by looking at your ticket history - use the PN Tickets link below. You might also want to contact COTS.
Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)