cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I called my Husbands mobile and it cost me £45!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: I called my Husbands mobile and it cost me £45!

@Anonymous,

@JonoH is one of the conduits here - he has championed this into the right department. Nothing beyond his previous post has been shared back yet. Be assured this is on the table.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

OT: There are a number of things the SUs have in motion and a number of things we've influenced ... not all overly visible.

On this matter I'm assured that things are progressing - however sometimes solutions are not instantly available. This has not been forgotten about.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@Townman don't get me wrong, I think you guys are doing a good job, with little thanks and some unwarranted criticism!

I appreciate that the final solution to this problem may take some time, however, in light of the statement they(PlusNet) appear to have made to the ASA regarding charges and refunds, there's no excuse for not having made a similar statement here by now!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Townman

While I'm sure it is good to know that this issue is "on the table" and "has not been forgotten about", that sort of corporate speak is of no use here. What is the current situation? Are customers being charged for these calls as implied in the last post by @JonoH or are they included in call plans as implied by Plusnet's response to the ASA?

A quick and straightforward response from a member of staff might go a long way to giving some transparency on this matter.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

...and while we're on the subject.Smiley The problem isn't limited to charging for the calls when they should be included in a call plan. In the first post on the thread it would appear they were charged at 34p/min, whereas, according to PN's price list , mobile calls are 14.65p/min!. So the incorrect charging affects anyone who has called these numbers, not just those with mobile call plans... 

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@MisterW wrote:

@Townman don't get me wrong, I think you guys are doing a good job, with little thanks and some unwarranted criticism!

I appreciate that the final solution to this problem may take some time, however, in light of the statement they(PlusNet) appear to have made to the ASA regarding charges and refunds, there's no excuse for not having made a similar statement here by now!

I'm wondering if it is time to get back in touch with the ASA and tell them that, in spite of many requests for confirmation on the Plusnet forums where the issue was originally raised, Plusnet have NOT confirmed to customers that the calls to such numbers will be included in the call plans nor have they confirmed that customers who have been incorrectly charged will be refunded.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Folks, I've told you all I can - anything more is not for me to say. We have poked this one and I know that it's not been forgotten about.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

@Townman I know you've done all you can - it's Plusnet who are obfuscating.

Just point out to Plusnet that unless one of these happens by close of play on Monday 

• a post is made to this topic confirming what they told the ASA
  • a service status post is made
  • an email is sent to all users who have calls to mobiles included in their plan

the ASA will be contacted again to say that Plusnet users have not been told the same as Plusnet told them.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Just to confirm this is an industry wide issue and isn’t isolated to ourselves however, we’ve identified the issue and are now trying to understand the scale of work needed to fix this for our affected customers. Once the fix has been implemented affected customers will be refunded. We’re working hard to get this fix as soon as possible for everyone.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@JonoH wrote:

We’re working hard to get this fix as soon as possible for everyone.

The point is no one will know what's happening, how can they, unless they are kept informed of the progress.

Hence the call for someone from plusnet to come on here and tell us uninformed customers what's going on and keep us up to date on the issue.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

In time gone past Plusnet would have kept users well informed.

Now it takes the threat of embarrassing them to the ASA to extract any response.

Any wonder why long term users like myself get frustrated by what Plusnet has become!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I missing something here?

@jelv - yes, there has finally been a response from plusnet, but has there been any clarification? According to your quote from the ASA, Plusnet had told them that "in the meantime any such numbers will be included in their call plans".

@JonoH has still not confirmed whether Plusnet is currently including these numbers in call plans. Perhaps he could do so clearly now?

edit: And now I see one of the 'Superusers' has given @JonoH double thanks for a post which says very little and certainly does not make clear the current situation regarding whether these calls are falling outside of call plans...

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

notinmyname wrote:

edit: And now I see one of the 'Superusers' has given @JonoH double thanks for a post which says very little and certainly does not make clear the current situation regarding whether these calls are falling outside of call plans...

Yes!  But @JonoH has made a partial response.  An additional (and primary)  purpose behind the "Thanks" was to give an indication that the SU's are continuing to monitor the thread and push for a better more detailed response.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Anonymous,

An acknowledgement that a response has been made by PN is not out of order.  I know a little of what is happening and understand that until certain things are actually resolved, it is not possible to offer a full and definitive answer - nor a timeline.  The thanks (appreciation) indicated would have been in respect to PN making a visible - albeit - holding response.  [Note: due to the way the Lithium community product works, a SU "thanks / like" has a weight of 2 - we are not entirely happy about this - its the way the system works - in this case its not intended to convey a double-thumbs up.]

This is a complex issue (as I have indicated before) - it can be argued that bad data is being supplied by BTOR to all CPs which results in both current and historical wrong billing.  There are two potential approaches to solving future issues - one correct the data at source - two hack the data when it arrives within Plusnet.

The former is the right solution, the latter is hack.

Hacking the billing system is not something that makes sense as the existing billing system has known limitations and the replacement is in the middle of its development cycle.

I can imagine though that there are a lot of other activities surrounding this issue which need to be addressed - some way beyond correcting the charge band for these numbers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Townman

@JonoH

A simple question:

Are calls to mobiles with the disputed charge bands currently included in call plans pending resolution of the issue?