Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Check That My Broadband Service Is Cancelled

chris2005
Grafter

How Do I Check That My Broadband Service Is Cancelled

Hi

I called customer support to cancel my boadband last month but I see on my account its says next payment due in November

How do I check that my service has been cancelled as per telephone call

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: How Do I Check That My Broadband Service Is Cancelled

Are you cancelling your broadband completely, or moving to a new supplier?

If the latter, then the correct process is usually, (unless you are moving to a non Openreach based supplier such as Virgin Media), is to let the new supplier contact Plusnet. Contacting PN yourself can mess up the process.

I moved from BT to PN a few months ago. Right up until the transfer date, my BT account showed that I was their customer and they took a full month's money for the last few weeks that I was with them - the balance being refunded a couple of weeks later after the final bill was produced. I believe that is the correct process.

ISTR receiving a text / email from BT a few days after signing up with PN to confirm that I definitely wanted to leave them, (only contact them if this was an error, otherwise do nothing and let the transfer progress). Did you receive any message like this from Plusnet, (I'm guessing not, else you wouldn't be posting here?).

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

If the latter, then the correct process is usually, (unless you are moving to a non Openreach based supplier such as Virgin Media), is to let the new supplier contact Plusnet. Contacting PN yourself can mess up the process.

Just to stress that, cancelling with the existing supplier almost certainly WILL mess up the process.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @chris2005, I'm really sorry that the account closure hasn't gone through for some reason. I can see that the service has moved over to  new provider now so I've closed the account and we'll generate a final bill within the next 21 days for you, if the account is in credit at that point it will get refunded back to you automatically. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chris2005
Grafter

Hi Adam 

I have received this message and in my account it says next bill due in December,  All my services have been cancelled so not sure why I'm still being charged.

Your bill
Your last bill:
1st November
£17.86
Your next bill is due on:
1st December

We are getting in touch to remind you that you're not currently in a minimum term contract for your broadband (Unlimited Business Broadband), and to inform you about some upcoming changes to the Plusnet business broadband service.

You're currently paying the out of contract price of £14.88 per month.

Please note all prices quoted are excluding VAT

Here's a reminder of your Plusnet services

Broadband (Unlimited Business Broadband) speeds of up to 17Mb

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Those figures suggest that your phone service is still active.  Who was the supplier you moved to?  You never said.  Does that supplier have their own network (such as Virgin Media).

There is some risk that the broadband got cancelled, but not the phone service as no one took it over in BT Openreach's space.  Best to call COTS.

Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)

COTs is the place to go to if you want to find out anything to do with your contract in respect of leaving, renewing or simply enquiring about early termination charges (ETCs). They have their own number and tend to answer quicker than the general customer service number.

Direct dial numbers

• 0800 013 2632 (from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)
  • Available...
    • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    • 9am - 7pm Saturday
    • 9am - 6pm Sunday

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chris2005
Grafter

Hi 

I moved to pulse8 to keep my phone line only as plusnet dont offer this service, 

Message from pulse8

Dear Mr -------

This is a reminder that we are due to take over your line (----------) on Friday 23rd of September, 2022.

The Openreach engineer should NOT need access to your building in order to complete the work.

I called plusnet at the same time and cancelled all services which they said had beeen done, cant understand how they can still charge for a service their not providing

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @chris2005,

I'm really sorry to read that the account's still open. I'm not quite sure what's gone wrong here, but I've made an amendment that should get this sorted out. I'll check back in on Monday to see if it's gone through properly and pick this back up with you if there have been any further issues Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team