cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help a noob….

disgracie
Hooked

Help a noob….

I have unlimited fibre extra (no complaints-free line rental etc) I pay £27 ish. Got an offer to upgrade to plusnets “new fibre package” for 24 month contract, no phone line required. For £26.

Can someone be so kind as to explain the difference between the two packages? They both quote the same speed. How does the new package work without a phone line? Like how does it connect back to the cabinet?? Surley it’s not full fibre to the premise as I would expect a massive increase in speed for that.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Help a noob….

Personally, if you still use a landline phone, I would ignore the 'offer'. The connection is exactly as at present, but for the princely discount of £1.00, you won't have a fixed-line phone service.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@disgracie 

No landline is a misnomer. There is still a copper line from your property, what is no longer provided is a landline telephone service on that line.

Moderator’s Note

This topic has been moved from General Chat to My Accounts/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@disgracie 

Have a look at the following

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

What's in the left hand column - FTTC is VDSL and FTTP is WBC FTTP

Full fibre requires a new fibre cable to be laid to your property. I assume you're on a 78/20 product. The FTTP equivilant is 74/20. If you so desire you can get 145, 300, 500 and 900 down.

PN do not offer a phone service with FF. If you use a landline or your number is important to you you'd need to set up a VOIP account with a VOIP provider.

Brian

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@bmc  This is nothing to do with Full Fibre (FTTP). It is Plusnet's fairly new (for them) SOGEA offering, i.e. FTTC with no phone service on the line and a massive saving of £1 a month. I have the same offer in my upgrades tab in the member centre. I will not be snapping it up.☹️

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Neither would I be at that price.

John