cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone received their £75 cashback or is it a scam?

FIXED
jl37
Hooked
Fixes: 2

Has anyone received their £75 cashback or is it a scam?

My broadband has been live for over a month now and i have not received my email to redeem the £75 cashback. My broadband is working perfectly, the pricing is competative and the switchover process was seamless but why offer £75 cashbach then not follow through with it?

Has anyone actually received this or is it a scam? 

I’m beginning to get annoyed now. Please add to this thread if you are in the same situation.

17 REPLIES 17
jl37
Hooked

Re: Has anyone received their £75 cashback or is it a scam?

Fix

I would just like to confirm that my reward email arrived this morning - hopefully the £75 will arrive within 30 days as promised. Thanks.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @jl37

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm glad you have received your redemption email.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this or your account please feel free to get in touch.

Regards,

jl37
Hooked

My cheque for £75 arrived this morning 🙂

Thanks plusnet- you exceeded my expectations !

Gabrielh

Hi. I joined plusnet in March and was hoping to receive £75 cashback but I received only £30. Did anyone else had this problem
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hello @Gabrielh,

I have created a ticket on your account with regards to the deal that you selected when signing up the account. You can access it here.

Feel free to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
preecejon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

They told me they had issues since end of last month. Looks like the issue goes back further. The third party they use is useless. But so is the third party that pay my plusnet bills so that's lucky
nickypeacock

Hello, I’ve resorted to the forum because I am getting nowhere with my cashback despite numerous phone calls to them since joining in March.
Have been told the email to claim cashback was sent - it wasn’t. Then a customer service agent told me that cheques would be sent in the post. Nothing ever came. I asked if the cheques had been cashed - the answer was no. Surely this proves we were never sent the cheques. Now they tell me the offer has expired. But we never had the chance to claim! When I moved over to plusnet I convinced my elderly mum to do the same. Now I’m left feeling like we have been scammed by plusnet. I wish I’d never moved at all. It’s so upsetting, they spoke to me on the phone as though I was trying to get away with something; when in fact I simply want them to make good on the reward they offered.
Can anyone offer any advice please? I’d heard the customer service was great but all I’ve had is multiple upsetting phone calls and zero cashback. Are we just unlucky?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Hi @nickypeacock 

I'm sorry to see you've missed the email to claim your cashback.

I've checked our suppliers tracking system and I can see the email was sent on 27-Mar-2019 at 00:01 from "no-reply@plusnetrewards.com" with the subject line as "Claim your Plusnet Reward".

Unfortunately due to the length of time it has been (more than 2 months) before this had been chased up I'm afraid that the offer is forfeit as per our cashback terms/FAQs Here.

If you can advise if you've spoken to us previously about this within the 2 month timeframe I'd be happy to go away and listen to the call and review this again.

Apologies for the disappointment inconvenience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nickypeacock

Thanks for your reply. You can check your phone records and see that I have contacted you within this time frame regarding this. During that call I was assured cheques would be sent to our home addresses which we waited for but never came. It is unfair to say the offer as expired when I clearly tried to claim within the time period.
I understand that you say you sent the email but it was never received. You told us you also sent cheques but they weren’t cashed. Why on earth WOULDN’T we cash the cheques if they were sent!? They were clearly never sent to us. Please sort this out and make good on the offer we signed up for. It’s not good enough to say the offer has expired when we never had a valid chance to claim it. I would sincerely appreciate some help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

To try to find the right call can you remember roughly when you called and were advised this?

It'll considerably speed up the investigation process.

Thanks again.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nickypeacock

Thank you so much for trying to help. I believe I made the call on 14 May. I’ve attached a screen shot.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks Nicky, I suspected that may have been the call, I've made a request to the appropriate people to arrange for the call to be listened to. I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nickypeacock

Thank you Gandalf. I was feeling awful about this after today’s multiple calls to you.
Please do listen to the call. The evidence of me chasing that offer is there and you will hear the young man telling us he’d send cheques in the post and not to worry about it. This was in the correct time period.
Thank you again!
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Sorry to hear about the experience Nicky, @Gandalf will be in touch once the calls have been listened to.

Kind regards