cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my 3 months free but account not changed to Value?

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Got my 3 months free but account not changed to Value?

Thank you Ben, it is much appreciated.  Smiley
I suppose by now you have realised that if there is anything else wrong I will be back here like a shot.
I'd rather enquire every time there is something I think is wrong than leave it and have a bigger problem further down the line.
Hopefully, everything is sorted and you won't hear from me in a long time.
I would have never  realised that moving from dial up to broadband would be so complicated. If I knew what I know now, I might never have changed my account to broadband. Fortunately, I didn't know..........and it was well worth it. Grin
Lolaan
Rising Star

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,89043.0.html
I am referring to the thread above concerning the domain charge I am paying at the moment.
When I first signed up with Plusnet, the company offered a combined package of Internet connection, free webspace and one free .co.uk domain name.  I took up the domain name offer and have been using it for at least the past 6 or 7 years. As far as I was concerned, the free domain and hosting were all part of the Dial-up package.

I to have a free domain name and when moving from one to another a team member had to manually carry over the added benefits
I also have an alternative name from the days of the PN security lapse, also carried over free

It seems that howie  was on the same package as me when they decided to move to Broadband. The only difference with me is that, in addition of the FREE domain name offered with the package, I was later on offered another FREE domain name because of the spam problems experienced then, but both my domain names were FREE at the time. It seems pierre_pierre had 2 domain names too.
So why, now that I have moved to the broadband value package, I was told that I have to pay £1 for my domain , when pierre_pierre and howie carry on having theirs for free?
Plusnet have just taken a payment from me, and I had a reduction of £6.50, which means the changes made for the free months included in the value packages are working, but I was still charged £1 for my domain name.
Why were my FREE domain names not carried over as free when  I changed to broadband value?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I only have one web space, but it is addressable by either Free-online.co.uk or me.uk and the free-online can also be called idps.co.uk  (I dont pay subscriptions)
Lolaan
Rising Star

What I see is that howie has upgraded from a dialup account which included a free domain name,  to broadband, and that any domain name howie had for free with the dialup account was made free when upgraded to broadband, though a thread on this forum was necessary to have it so.
I have done the same thing, coming from a dialup account with a free domain name (+ an extra free domain name from when there were security problems) to broadband value, but I was told I had to pay £1 for them (I guess I am lucky I am not charged £2 for both, though when I got them with my old dialup account  they were both free
It's not so much the £1 I have to pay that bugs me, but the fact that it seems that there is one rule for one, and another rule for another.
Yeah, we'd still charge £1 for the one domain if you removed the other one
pierre_pierre
Grafter

try PM to Jameseh
Lolaan
Rising Star

I don't understand why someone from plusnet don't answer my question.
Does that mean that there is definitively One Rule For Some And Another Rule For Others?
I won't go away until I have an answer. The more deafening the silence from Plusnet, the more determined I am to find an explanation for this discrepancy.
Maybe I should start another thread, they might not see this one as it is an old thread Roll_eyes
try PM to Jameseh

How do I do that?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

try PM to Jameseh

Jameseh doesn't work in the forums Pierre, you're best to get in touch with one of the Digital Care team.
@Lolaan
I'll get one of my team to take a look and get in touch tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I know that but he is the complaint manager
pierre_pierre
Grafter

to send a PM, go to my messages at the top of the page, click on new message, type in Jameseh into the to slot, a subject in the subject box, the message in the box and click send, keep a copy if you want
if it is a regular forum person, there is a PM button under the avatar
Chris
Legend

I know that but he is the complaint manager

I know that, however we'd like to resolve this as a forum post rather than a complaint which is why Digital Care should be the port of call for this type of issue. I'm more than happy for James to get involved where needed but I don't think it's required here.
Lolaan,
One of my team will be in touch tomorrow and we'll get this sorted for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

I've opened a ticket on your account explaining what I've done to resolve this.
Lolaan
Rising Star

Chris, I see that you have made both my domains free now, thank you for that. Smiley
Let's hope it won't mess up my billing as I still got a few months free to come.
pierre_pierre, thank you for your input  Smiley