Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed contract price rises

FIXED
mrtullyhubbert
Grafter

Fixed contract price rises

I'm currently experiencing some line issues so I've logged in for the first time in a while, I've been meaning to as I was sure my fixed term price has been creeping up when I thought the price was fixed for 18 months.

I started an 18 month contract in June 2021, my new contract states my payment would be £22.99 for 18 months. However over 12 months I've moved from £22.99 - £24.05 - to the current £26.28. If you check out the attachment there is some info regarding price rises for residential customers but I thought it only applied to those out of a fixed term contract. My contract clearly states £22.99 for 18 months.

So should I be raising a query or have I got things wrong and the price rises are justified?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Fixed contract price rises

Fix

@mrtullyhubbert Those price rises are as advised in the email - you pay one month in advance, so because of when you renewed, you unfortunately fell for the 2021 as well as the 2022 increases.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

So should I be raising a query or have I got things wrong and the price rises are justified?

All contracts started since early last year have been subject to a CPI + 3.9% increase annually. It actually quotes it in the file you attached to your post. Problem was that last year CPI was around 6% so the price rise was close to 10%.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mrtullyhubbert
Grafter

Thanks all, as per my original post I thought the price rises referred to at the bottom of my contract applied to residential customers out of a fixed term contract only. I thought this because I'm certain that while in a fixed term contracts previously my monthly subscription was fixed for the term. So things must have changed, thanks for clearing it up.

--

John