Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Extra Unavailability

FIXED
hornseadog

Fibre Extra Unavailability

Hi,

Just looking to leave Plusnet - want a little bit more speed but don't want to have FTTP installed as currently it's too much upheaval and I currently need a house phone for work. I did enquire if I could upgrade to Fibre Extra (66Mb) but although my line is capable, Plusnet say they won't offer me it as Openreach won't allow it. Has anyone else been in the same boat?

I checked the BT wholesale checker and all that says is that "FTTP has priority over other products is available at the address" - so as I'm already on a FTTC connection I'm not sure if I'm getting the full story.

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

Re: Fibre Extra Unavailability

Fix

@hornseadog If you are on a Fibre Priority exchange, as you are, you cannot change your current package without going to Full Fibre.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 383

Hi @hornseadog I'm afraid what you are being told is correct, if your area is 'Fibre priority' then the ony FTTC product Openreach will allow to be ordered is the 40/10 ( Unlimited Fibre ) product. So in Plusnet speak , the Unlimited Fibre Extra (80/20) product will not be available.

See the section about Fibre priority exchanges in here https://www.openreach.co.uk/cpportal/products/the-all-ip-programme/stopsell-updates

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hornseadog

Thanks @MisterW & @jab1 - not the answer I wanted but it is what it is. So either jump ship to a provider that can provide a phone, or see what deal I can get considering I've been with Plusnet since the year dot. Cheers!

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

You're in a Fibre Priority area, which is what that bit on the Wholesale checker is meaning.  You won't be able to take any copper based services from anyone, only a FTTP (Full Fibre in Plusnet speak) services.  There is an exception to that, where you could move to a FTTC connection on a 40/10 profile, but I've not seen any provider let you do that as a new customer on a Fibre Priory connection.

Edit: I'm obviously typing slowly today!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.