cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract... or not?

sihaworth
Dabbler

End of contract... or not?

I signed up to a Fibre product in April 2013. In the August I moved address to a property that wasn't enabled for Fibre and had to drop to a standard broadband product. At the time I queried why I had been placed on a new 18 month contract, as your moving guide states otherwise.
In the thread, Adam Walker stated that I had not been placed on a new contract and that my original contract was set to continue, which would take me to September 2014.
Imagine my surprise then when it came to asking for my MAC code two nights ago, only to be told my contract did in fact start again and that I couldn't leave until next year. After quite a difficult conversation that resulted in me sending screenshots of the original thread and some background information, I've heard nothing further and there are no open tickets on system.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119314.msg1034135.html#msg1034135 Please read link to original forum thread.
Can someone chase this up for me? I know I'm unable to obtain a MAC code online but I'm not spending any further time explaining to customer services this set of circumstances, only to not hear anything further again.
Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: End of contract... or not?

Hi sihaworth,
I am looking into this for you now and will call you shortly. I just need ot make sure we're all on the same page.
Thanks,
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
sihaworth
Dabbler

Didn't get a phone call on Friday, or yesterday?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi sihaworth,
I tried calling you on Friday but it went straight to voicemail. It was myself who tried calling you this morning but the phone was cut off again.
You have been put in a contract technically when you shouldn't have been. As this was done in error, it will need writing off. I can do this for you, but this will explain why you may have come up against some objection whilst speaking to one of our agents. My apologies for this.
I have set up a ticket correspondence here: 91248662
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet