cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Renewal

Sheepdog
Grafter

Domain Renewal

I had email in Dec saying my .co.uk domain was up for renewal in March 22 and to contact if I wanted to renew. So duly phoned through and spoke to agent who sent a message to a team to renew but still not heard anything. Now getting a little concerned regarding the renewal as don’t want it to expire.

On a side note it would be easier if there was a clear section to speak to or a page on members page to just request the renewal as every year feels like it is in knife edge whether the renewal has happened.
8 REPLIES 8
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Domain Renewal

Hi @Sheepdog

Domains we register should be renewed automatically. If you’ve got a Plusnet, Force9 or Free-Online account, you can see this in the Manage Domains tab here https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=domainv2

Once you’ve logged in and gone into that page, you’ll just need to click on the ‘Configure’ button, then you can see if the domain is set to auto-renew, if it isn’t you should be able to set it and similarly you can turn auto-renew off. 

I hope this helps. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Sheepdog
Grafter

Cheers that page says auto renew so should be good, but the email every year causes great confusion as it states to contact if you want to renew maybe some tweaking in the content to make things clearer e.g. If you don’t want this mydomain.co.uk domain to to renew please contact us. Just a thought
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for the feedback @Sheepdog and I agree, the email does appear yo be confusing. If I recall correctly, it's become some of our domains did require to be renewed manually.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Sheepdog
Grafter

No problem, thinking about it, the emails only really became vague when the charge for renewal was ceased, as the emails made more sense when there was an actual cost involved.
Sheepdog
Grafter

Well less than 30 days till domain expires and just checked Whois and not renewed yet so getting twitchy now, in the past always renewed exactly 30 days prior to expiry. Could someone have look please
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Sheepdog

If your domain is set to automatically renew, then it should be, but it'll be closer to the time. As far as I'm aware even if a domain isn't renewed by the expired, it doesn't stop working straight away as from what I've seen, there's a 'grace period' with Nominet. Let me know if there are any issues though and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sheepdog
Grafter

@Gandalf Ok I will give it another couple of weeks and then if not renewed I will get in contact again for a manual intervention.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem, though it's unlikely our NetOps team will manually renew a domain that's set to automatically renew, unless at the last minute, for example a couple of days before the expiry date. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet