cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Plusnet want me ?

C1Rider
Grafter

Do Plusnet want me ?

I'm posting this here as a record that I need help with my Broadband.

Over a year ago I had numerous attempts to have my broadband taken over by " another supplier ".  This resulted in a number of phone calls and emails spread over weeks as I was not leaving Plusnet.  Eventually it was sorted out.

It has now started again and after a phonecall yesterday to say I wasn't leaving Plusnet and receiving two emails to confirm that I was staying with Plusnet I have now received another email saying that " another supplier " is wanting to take over my line.

Todays' email take over date is one day in advance of the previous one and the required payment is slightly reduced.

Should the onus be on the customer to prove they don't want to cancel, or should the onus be on the " other supplier " to provide the telephone number of the line they want to take over  ?

It is not my intention to change provider.

Regards..

12 REPLIES 12
Mav
Fixes: 516

Re: Do Plusnet want me ?

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

@C1Rider As you discovered last year - don't know if you documented it on here - when another provider tries a takeover - wrongly - the losing provider is for some unfathomable reason, not allowed to tell you who it is, and all you can do is keep on at PN until someone realises there is a problem.

Maybe if I tag @willcutforth for you, he may be able to bang a few heads together?

John
C1Rider
Grafter

John,

What happens if the customer doesn't regularly check emails and is " cut off " and receives an early termination bill ?

Who is left to pick up the pieces ?

If I knew your address and telephone number and provider I could make an application to take over your service.

So really it looks like I need to check emails from Plusnet every day and tell them after every " take over " email that I am not leaving !

Regards..

jab1
Legend

@C1Rider  - I don't know, I expect it then become s rather complicated.  😀

IF you tried that, you would find me contacting my ISP, talking to a real person - not just first-line support, and squashing you like a fly - never had to try it, but knowing my ISP employ trained people in specific roles, I would just have to contact the correct individuals.

NOTE: I have tagged maybe the best PN staffer for this.

John
C1Rider
Grafter

John,

It was suggested to me that I go round the neighbours asking if someone had given the wrong address when applying for broadband.

I think a lot of this type of problem stems from the database used by the provider when checking an address, you know the type of thing, a drop down list asking you to choose your address rather than enter it manually; the address' can vary between databases, what appears on one doesn't necessarily appear on another leading someone to choose the " nearest " address.

Regards..

jab1
Legend

That might work, but it could be a wrong phone number, nothing to do with neighbours addresses. I suggest you wait for @willcutforth , or one of the experienced staff to pick this up.

John
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi @C1Rider
If you do not use your landline phone, a lateral approach could be to switch to one of the newer Plusnet broadband packages without the phone service.
No phone number will be associated with your broadband provision, so preveting others trying to move your broadband based on the phone number.
Regards
Richard
C1Rider
Grafter

John,

Hopefully something happens quickly, and not even more " take over " bids.  I'm back home now and have two text messages from Plusnet informing me that another  provider wants to take over my broadband !

I have two letters(email) from Plusnet informing me that my broadband isn't being taken over !

At the moment the score is:-

Take overs 4

Me              2

Not good.

RichardB,

That sounds a way around this flawed system, I'll look at it further, provided I'm not disconnected !

Regards..

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Probably best to call PN and discuss the issue, to see if they will transfer to the new Sogea packages.

We can blame OFCOM for the flawed system 😞

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@C1Rider - I tried to ring you to confirm your address and see how we can help with the takeover. Would you be able to reply to this ticket please @ https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=238512947 thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just to let you know @C1Rider I've updated your ticket and should have the address mixup sorted out in a few day's time. Not important or vital but if you want to tell the other property to hold off for a week before placing more orders with the new provider they will be able to get their internet as normal once we've sorted the addresses out.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Plusnet Help Team
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@C1Rider - I'm still on the case but still waiting for an update. I'll check back with you on Wednesday. Cheers

Plusnet Help Team