cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrimination and appalling customer service

Kevin1342

Discrimination and appalling customer service

Dear Sir/Madam

Using the telephone causes me severe anxiety because I am disabled (I have a brain injury and chronic traumatic encepthalopathy).  Plusnet know this.  I have made a complaint before about being forced into using the telephone to contact PlusNet, via the CEO and will not hesitate to do so again if this discrimination continues.

I have informed Plusnet that I can no longer afford the charges and can get a cheaper deal through my electric/gas supplier.  I told your agent about my problems using the telephone.  I received a text/email today telling me to ring a number so that I can be offered a cheaper deal.

1. Why am I being forced to use the telephone when It will cause me mental difficulties?

2. What he was able to offer was no different to what I currently pay !!!!  That is just insulting and I object strongly to being treated with such contempt.

New customers are being offered a much better rate .  So as a loyal customer I am being offered a worse deal than a new customer, even when I have stated that I am experiencing difficulties paying.
I am a disabled and vulnerable person and yet Plusnet is using my health problems to humiliate me, make me feel worthless and all so that they can make more money from me.
Why is it so hard for PlusNet to understand that using a telephone is not easy for everyone.  The anxiety it causes afterwards makes it not worth the call.
If you are not prepared to help disabled customers in financial difficulties then I will wait until my contract ends and leave PlusNet for good.
I think that Ofcom should know how I feel and that I need to discuss it with Martin Lewis and Moneybox so that other disabled people can choose a company that understands the needs of disabled people. If I do not receive a prompt and appropriate reply by email I will complain directly to the CEO again.
Please can you do as I originally asked, send me an email with the best deal you have for me. 
The cost of leaving is a separate issue and one that I am also appalled at. It is sharp practice and immoral.  
Regards,
Kevin Day
3 REPLIES 3
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Discrimination and appalling customer service

Hiya @Kevin1342, thank you for getting in touch on our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that you aren't happy with your current deal and for the difficulties faced calling us, please know that we certainly do not discriminate and there are other methods of being able to get in touch where using the phone isn't suitable.

I will take a further look into your query and will respond further via your account for you within the next 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Kevin1342

It has been 24 hours and I have not received a reply.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @Kevin1342

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm extremely sorry to see what's going on here. I can see that my colleague @LaurenB has responded on the account itself yesterday if you'd like to take a look.

You can find the open Ticket here, though you might need to already be logged into your member centre on another tab for that link to work. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds