cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount is a plus

FIXED
Yuckhunts

Discount is a plus

My latest bill has a discount of plus £15.91. Can anyone explain this? Usually I pay under £25 a month and this month it's £40.

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Discount is a plus

Welcome to the forums, @Yuckhunts . When does your contract expire? Have you looked at page 3 of your invoice, which gives a breakdown?

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This is probably associated with billing adjustments with the price increase.  Check the detailed section for the periods covered by the summary items.  A positive discount is usually associated with a negative charge (refund).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Townman 

Surely any adjustments for the annual price increase will only appear on bills on /after 31 March?

On my bills discount sums are preceded by a negative sign, or have I misunderstood your comment?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Without seeing page 3 of the OPs invoice, we are guessing.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@jgb as @jab1 suggests, we are making reasonable guesses.

There is a possibility that the price adjustment is being made on the billing date nearest to the increase, unlike last year where they were all on the billing date after 31st March.

Whatever, a discount charge back will only be associated with a charge refund.  These are invariably associated with a change of contract / charges ... and one would imagine in the event of a final bill.  It is reasonable to suspect that only part of the story has been shared here - happy to have received the refund, not happy to also have the associated discount charge back.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Fix

Thanks for reaching out over the forums @Yuckhunts. I've opened up a ticket on your account which explains what has happened on the recent bill and what's been done to resolve this. I've also dropped an email with the same info. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team