cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt collection agency

markypoos77
Hooked

Debt collection agency

Wow...what a complete and utter disgrace. I left plusnet, they continue to bill me. I complain, i am told and have it in writing that the charges on my account will be written off and not passed onto a debt collection agency...today in the post i receive...you guessed it, a letter from a debt collection agency threatening my credit rating.

Promise after promise that this will all be sorted out and resolved. LIES LIES LIES. SORT THIS OUT IMMEDIATELY

13 REPLIES 13
nettech99
Hooked

Re: Debt collection agency

Just came onto the forum to see if anyone else had the same issue and lo and behold your post is the first one I see. Had exactly the same letter today, Plusnet continuing to bill me for services after I migrated away even though my account has been closed for two months.

It's pretty obvious that either their billing system and/or billing processes are an absolute shambles.

Tags (2)
markypoos77
Hooked

Hi mate. I know. Shambles, i closed my account early september and its still going on. They just lie to u say they will sort it in 7-10 days and they just do nothing. Its not just u and me, theres loads of ppl that get treated like this.

I just emailed the head of billing, sure i wont get a reply though. Gunna ring them tomorrow morning too. [-Censored-]ing diabolical
nettech99
Hooked

Yep now that I've browsed the forum I see it's not uncommon. You would think after https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/plusnet-fined-880,000 that Plusnet would have learnt but seems not. I'm not going to waste time with phone calls and chat again I'm writing a letter and will be expecting a letter back. Will drop an email to the debt agency to inform them that I am disputing the matter with Plusnet. Will be filling in the OFCOM form and will not be hesitating to take this further if necessary.

Thank god I migrated away, with my new provider I get an email response within the hour. Should have done it sooner but I had paid for LRS.

markypoos77
Hooked

Less concerned after reading that link. Keep in touch mate, interesting to see the outcomes, let me know what the debt agency say...which ofcom form are u referring too as interested in doing this myself?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@markypoos77 wrote:
which ofcom form are u referring too as interested in doing this myself?

The OFCOM Billing complaints form can be found at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/billing

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @markypoos77 I am really sorry about this, I have chased this up with the relevant team and they have provided an update here for you.

@nettech99 I am sorry for the issues you have encountered since leaving us, we would be more than happy to take a look at this for you if you could drop me a PM with the username.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
markypoos77
Hooked

Hi lauren. This is the 4tg time i have been promised this issue will be resolved. Everytime i am told wait 7-10 days but nothing ever changes. What make this time so different? I want this resolved today and compensated for the stress this has caused.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 91

Hello @markypoos77,

I am sorry for the experience you have had and can fully understand that due to our failings you have lost faith in us.

I can assure you my colleague Lauren has taken every possible step to get this resolve for you. I have responded further here for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
jamcar

My experience is identical. Cancelled the account in August but continued to be billed into October. First call to customer services in October then again twice in November. Even had a message to say CS Escalation requested an amendment and cancel the charge. Apparently it went to the 'wrong department'. 

Now the debt recovery agency is chasing.  How can they be first for customer service as claimed? Abysmal customer service and blamed on ' a new billing system'.  They've certainly ' DONE ME PROUD', well and truly - I DON'T THINK.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @jamcar

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the invoices since closing your account.

I can see that you spoke with a colleague earlier today who raised this to our Billing Team to arrange for this to be resolved for you. I have attached a link to the ticket here  so you ca view the progress of this.

Please let us know if you have any other issues in the meantime.

jamcar

I've now had a message from customer services that my 'question' is closed, the outstanding amount removed from the debt collection agency and that it will take up to 10 working days to clear.

I wish I could be confident this is the end of the matter!  However, after four phone calls (in October, November and December) with on hold and talk time of well over four hours in total and an absolute promise in November that I did not need to worry about any possibility of debt collection agencies being involved, and yet discovering you had indeed passed this on to the DCA at end of December you can forgive my continuing scepticism.

The time and effort I've had to put in to resolve what should have been a simple matter is unacceptable when dealing with a modern hi-tech company,  And the anxiety and stress you have put me through due to your incompetence in dealing with your systems, people and procedure is unforgivable.  To immediately resort to bullying tactics, threatening and then involving a DCA, over an incorrectly generated £50 bill without exploring all options for resolution displays the business process of a company that I would certainly avoid in the future. 

I did not expect to enter the new year 2019 with a potential threat of legal action and impact on my credit rating and I request that you give me a firm assurance that there will be no further repercussions to me personally arising from this unfortunate and totally unnecessary incident.

I would also have thought it reasonable that you would have offered some form of compensation (I think the amount you tried to extort from me would be appropriate) as a goodwill gesture in view of your continued failure to provide what would be expected from a company that has won 'loads of awards for customer service'. Or so your website claims!

I look forward to your response.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @jamcar, thanks for getting back in touch.

I am truly sorry for the issues you have faced with the cancellation of your account. I can see as per this ticket we've added your account to the removals file to rectify this issue for you. As the tickets states, please allow up to 7-10 working days for this to be actioned and please do ignore any communication you may receive in the interim as it is definitely in hand.

I appreciate the frustration and stress these issues have caused yourself and I can assure you this has been sorted and once your account has been fully removed from the file there should be no further communication in relation to an overdue payment.

I have created a support ticket here for you in relation to the gesture of goodwill you have mentioned. You can view this here

Let us know if you need any further assistance

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team