cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal is just utterly confusing!

FIXED
TuftyDave

Contract renewal is just utterly confusing!

Getting this email of constantly contradicting information is just SO confusing!
I'm sure if you have a degree in financial costing and legal ease speak, you can probably make sense of it some how.
I eventually got so frustrated not being able to figure out what the heck I'm actually going to get charged, that I clicked a button just to find out what my eventual bill is going to be when it comes.
I find talking on the phone twice as difficult, because the person on the other end understands what they are saying and when they say it, they expect me to understand likewise. 
I DON'T understand. 

I'll mark in bold red the parts that confuse the hell out of me... 

Your broadband (Unlimited Broadband) and line rental contract is coming to an end on 23rd February 2022.

When your contract ends your monthly price will go from £21.22 to £32.88. Price changes apply.

Ofcom, the communications regulator, requires us to show you the current best prices available for you. You're eligible to move to these new prices now as your contract is coming to an end. Once you get to the end of your contract, you can leave free of charge and either switch to another provider or cancel your service by giving us 14 days' notice. If you'd like to talk to us about your options give us a call on 0800 587 1943 or you can choose one of the new prices listed below.

Services included as part of your contract

Average download speeds of 10Mb
Free Plusnet to Plusnet landline calls
To see a full list of your services from Plusnet please visit Member Centre.

Go faster with fibre

We think you'd benefit from switching to our Unlimited Fibre broadband so you can do everything you love online, but faster.

Unlimited Fibre broadband and line rental for just £23.99 a month. 18 month contract.

Average download speeds of 36Mb

Upgrade and go faster

Here is your best price (in line with Ofcom guidance)

Unlimited broadband and line rental for £18.95 a month. 18 month contract.

Renew my contract now

Introductory offer, available to our new customers only

Ofcom, the communications regulator, asked that we make you aware of it.

Unlimited broadband and line rental for £18.95* a month with £50 RC. 18 month contract.

*You are not eligible to take this deal as it includes a new customer incentive

Other services you have access to

Average download speeds of 10Mb
Online parental controls
Free email address
Calls to other Plusnet landline customers
Caller Display and Call Protect

Thanks for being part of Plusnet,

The Plusnet Team
www.plus.net

If you've recently renewed your contract please ignore this email
Offers correct at time of printing and valid until your contract end date

The price for broadband, line rental, call plans, call charges and add-ons will be increased on or after 1st March every year from March 2022 by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January of that year plus 3.9%. Other prices, content and terms may also change during your contract. 

Unlimited Fibre Broadband and Line Rental from £23.99 a month for the first 18 months, then from £38.20 a month. 18 month contract.

Available to you when you sign up to a 18 month contract and take Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Broadband with Plusnet Line Rental, by signing up online via the link provided in your email or by calling Plusnet by your contract end date.

If you take Plusnet Line Rental at £21.22 a month you pay £2.77 a month for 18 months, current price from month 19 is £16.98 a month.

Exclusions apply.

This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and will replace any discounts you currently have remaining on your account. You will enter into a new 18 month contract when you accept the offer.

Unlimited Broadband and Line Rental from £18.95 a month for the first 18 months, then from £32.88 a month. 18 month contract.

Available to you when you sign up to a 18 month contract and take Plusnet Unlimited Broadband with Plusnet Line Rental, by signing up online via the link provided in your email or by calling Plusnet by your contract end date.

For Plusnet Line Rental you pay £18.95 a month for 18 months, then £21.22 a month.

For Unlimited Broadband, you pay £0.00 a month for 18 months, current price from month 19 is £11.66 a month.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Contract renewal is just utterly confusing!

Thanks for your post @TuftyDave and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry for the confusion.

When your contract ends  your monthly price will go from £21.22 to £32.88. Price changes apply.

This suggests you pay £21.22 currently and if you don't renew, you'll pay £32.88 a month. 

If you take Plusnet Line Rental at £21.22 a month you pay £2.77 a month for 18 months, current price from month 19 is £16.98 a month.

This breaks down the offer for Unlimited Fibre at £23.99 we've made as £2.77 for fibre, £21.22 for line rental over 18 months, and when the contract minimum term ends, from month 19, the fibre would be £16.98.

Unlimited Broadband and Line Rental from £18.95 a month for the first 18 months, then from £32.88 a month. 18 month contract.

We've made you an offer to provide a standard broadband service at £18.95 for 18 months, then when the minimum term contract ends, your price will increase to £32.88, unless you renew on a cheaper deal.

For Plusnet Line Rental you pay £18.95 a month for 18 months, then £21.22 a month.

For Unlimited Broadband, you pay £0.00 a month for 18 months, current price from month 19 is £11.66 a month.

This breaks down that offer for standard broadband we've made as £18.95 line rental, £0 for broadband, per month for 18 months, then when the minimum term contract expires, line rental will be £21.22 and broadband £11.66. 

I hope this helps, but let me know if you've got further queries or there's anything else which doesn't make sense. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TuftyDave

OK, thank yo so much Gandalf, some of this is starting to make some sense, because you've added some absolutely VITAL words that need adding to the emails Plusnet send out...

The first VITAL missing words were  **if you don't renew,** you'll pay £32.88 a month. 
That now makes a bit more sense. Why can't the email say those words so that it can make more sense?

This breaks down the offer for Unlimited Fibre at £23.99 we've made as £2.77 for fibre, £21.22 for line rental over 18 months, and when the contract minimum term ends, from month 19, the fibre would be £16.98.

This still makes practically no sense at all to me as it is mixing different prices & missing out the all important £23.99 figure you mentioned, making it non-sense. 
However let's just forget that one as I don't have a fibre connection I only have twisted pair ADSL phone line connection. 
So none of that applies to me, though I wasn't at all sure how to be sure the email wasn't forcing that option on me regardless of whether I A) understood it or B) was able to take that option...

We've made you an offer to provide a standard broadband service at £18.95 for 18 months, then when the minimum term contract ends, your price will increase to £32.88, unless you renew on a cheaper deal.

OK,  I think we're getting closer to what I actually want (but haven't a clue if that's what I've actually signed up for!)
SO I see this deal & I think I kind of understand it, but then I see another one below it!!!!!!!   W H Y???

This breaks down that offer for standard broadband we've made as £18.95 line rental, £0 for broadband, per month for 18 months, then when the minimum term contract expires, line rental will be £21.22 and broadband £11.66. 

So this is obviously the one I want. I hope it's the one I chose! I hope both Plusnet & myself know it's the one I want!

I'm just still completely baffled as to why you'd show me one price, and then a cheaper price for the same thing?

That's like having two identical cars on a forecourt and putting different prices on them..
Why would you do that?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for getting back to me @TuftyDave

I apologise again for the confusion. We've made you to renewal offers, and provided a breakdown of that amount. One offer is for fibre (£23.99) if you would like to upgrade, and the other (£18.95) is to stay on your existing package. 

From what I can see we haven't given you a third offer. All we've done is tell you how much you'll be paying after the minimum term comes to an end and provided you with a breakdown of how much of that is line rental & broadband.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet