cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract handover

zhyo82

Contract handover

Hi everyone. I don't know if I'm posting in the right forum so please feel free to move the post to the right place.
I'd like to know what I need to do in order to get a handover of my contract done with my flatmate. I'll be moving to another city and my flatmate would like to keep internet in the flat with Plusnet, but with his details instead of mine obviously!
Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards
2 REPLIES 2
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: Contract handover

I suspect your flatmate will have to take out a new contract in their name. Essentially your situation isn't any different to moving house and him moving in! It could be as easy as him signing up as a new customer online, this would allow him to benefit from new customer offers etc. When his new service goes live your old account will terminate.

You might want to make sure you are out of your minimum contract before doing anything as otherwise you will probably incur terminal charges as I don't believe you can just transfer the contract as is.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Contract handover

Hiya @zhyo82, thanks for getting in touch.

Whilst we wouldn't be able to change the name of the account holder on an account, here are the available options in this situation:

- You can keep the account in your name and add your flatmate as an authorised user so they can call us to discuss the account should they ever need to, and they can also add their bank details to the account. This does come with some limitations however, as there are things such as account changes or cancelling the account they wouldn't be able to do without us speaking with yourself.

- As @flanzm has advised, your flatmate can take a new account out in their name and their orders will take over your service and this will cancel your account with us but as mentioned, please bear in mind you would be liable for any termination fees on your account.

- You can do a house move on your account and take the service with you to your new address. This would then leave your flatmate open to again setting up their own service in their name at the current address.

I hope this information helps and if you have any further queries, please just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team