Did you mean: 

Contract Due For Renewal - Had a Offer But Without The New Hub Two

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Contract Due For Renewal - Had a Offer But Without The New Hub Two

Hi @tcj1971,

Have you attempted to call the new provider over the phone? I can't speak for their own policies and processes, but it should be possible to delay a take over order (though, it's worth considering that any delay may be affected by the upcoming Christmas season). Regarding your question, if the services are switched out during your final month of the contract then an Early Termination Fee would be added onto the final invoice, though with it being the last month of the contract the fee wouldn't be massive.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
tcj1971
Rising Star

Thanks @TheMightyAJ 

Any ideas what the Early Termination Fee would be if I started the switch today with the actual Go Live with the new provider being the 20th Dec? I assume this is 17 days into my final month as my billing date is the 3rd of each month, so would i get penalised (would that also be 17 days) for the remaing days up to the 5th Jan?

Thanks

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

No worries @tcj1971 Smiley I've raised a support ticket in response, as this includes account sensitive information. You can access the ticket here, though the contents have also been sent to you as an email.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
tcj1971
Rising Star

@TheMightyAJ 

Re: final invoice, which would automatically generate and be calculated within 30 days of the account having been closed down.

Which one is this/include?

- Would it be for eg. Dec 21st (which would be the possible Go Live date with new provider 14 days from today) until Jan 5th?

- Would it be the £"."" amount mentioned in the Ticket, PLUS the monthly charge I currently pay at £26.99 a month?

- What about the 3rd Jan billing date and what would be on that bill?

- And the 4th and 5th Jan as that is into the next billing month

- What would show on the Total value of the final invoice and what period does this cover?

Just a bit confused

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

You'll need to keep your payments up to date until the point you leave us, but if you've paid us anything in advance for a service we've not provided you with, you'll see a credit in your final bill along with any termination fees or outstanding call charges. If your account's closed down on 21st December then we'd generate your final bill in line with this. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tcj1971
Rising Star

I assume I already would be making a payment then that covers up to 3rd Jan 2022 with this months bill that goes out on Friday 10th Dec?

Sure I pay a month in advance as mentioned on the first page of this thread
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @tcj1971

If that's the case then when we generate your final bill you'll see a credit to cover the time you've paid in advance for a service we haven't provided you with Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tcj1971
Rising Star

@Gandalf 

Thanks

So to clear this up, would I be billed for the dates after Dec 3rd bill date until 21st December (although probably 22nd now) plus the Termination Fee for finishing the contract 15 days early.......and that is it?

If so any idea what the final bill would be?

Obviously any charges for Call Features used that are not included in my contract would be added to the bill wouldn't they?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I can't say what your final bill will look like as it depends on when your service moves to another provider. We've currently not received a request to takeover your line. You will be billed in full though which may cover for services we haven't provided you with. However your final bill will reflect this if so including any early termination fees. 

From what I can see you haven't got any chargeable call features so this wouldn't be relevant. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tcj1971
Rising Star

@Gandalf 

I have received an Activation Date of December 21st 2022

Hopefully all goes to plan, and the final bill is correct

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, fingers crossed and let us know how it goes. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tcj1971
Rising Star

@Gandalf 

The changeover to my new provider for broadband and phone service has gone through today as planned and all is fine

So will I now get the final bill and will it match the amount what was sent in an email to me on Tuesday 7th Dec and that is the amount I owe?

Thanks

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @tcj1971

Thanks a lot for getting in touch. Your final bill will include an Early termination fee, but it'll be less than the figure you were sent on 07/12/2021, as we're now further towards the end of your contract end date.

Your final bill will also include a pro rata refund for the services you paid for, but will not use with ourselves. So between 21/12/2021 - 03/01/2022.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
tcj1971
Rising Star

@adam945 

Thanks

When will this show on my Plusnet Account?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No problem at all @tcj1971

The final bill is usually generated around 20 days after the account is closed. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds