cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for calls not made

hlawrence9

Charged for calls not made

So changed to plusnet from sky all was OK until I checked my first bill extra £7 in call charges I don't even own a labdline never have checked calls and were all to companies I do not use as well as private calls. Engineer came out only checked exchange didn't come in confirmed crossed line credit made for the charges thought was all sorted then 11 days late again charges started made plusnet aware of this but engineer isn't coming until 11th and now in a space of a week £7.71 in charges I am not paying I have told them about this and stated I refuse to pay I don't care what promises are made about credits I am not paying for something that isn't mine simple its your issue not mine. I have asked for the credit limit for calls to be removed as they are clearly going to continue and by looks of it I am not the first to have this problem with plusnet !
7 REPLIES 7
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Charged for calls not made

Hey @hlawrence9, thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry to see what's going on here. It looks like you've called in today and the matter has been dealt with over the phone. We're just waiting on your next bill to be produced now to make sure everything's okay. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
hlawrence9

Nope I haven't been in touch or spoken to anyone today still waiting for a response to the message I sent other night been at work all day so not spoken to anyone so it isn't a case of waiting for my next bill as the issue hasn't been dealt with
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I can see that there is a ticket open on your account which shows that we've set the credit limit for your phone service to £0, Adam has placed that on hold until after your next invoice date to make sure we do that again in case the issue is not resolved, here's a direct link to it if you want to take a look: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=223162104 

I hope that helps and please get back to me if there's anything else we can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Fixing the charges is one thing, fixing the cause is something else.  Having a telephone handset available is imperative in situations such as this.  Call billing errors are usually associated with cross connected lines which will are likely to impair broadband performance.

It would be prudent to obtain a telephone handset - borrow one or buy a cheap one (less than the amounts in question).

1. Plug it in - dial 17070 and confirm that the advised number is your number - if it is not, report a phone line fault
  2. Dial the number from your mobile phone - confirm that the phone rings.  If it does not, wait to see if it gets answered and speak with the party answering - explain the situation, notably that you are being charged for their calls ... and that they might not be getting their inbound calls

With FTTC and not using the telephone, you cannot be assured that your d-side circuit (from your home to the cabinet) is in fact connected to the right e-side circuit (cabinet to exchange).  It is quite possible to some other user's line to be connected to your e-side and thereby be making calls on your account.

Plusnet's (BT's) line testing can only check that the circuit is continuous and is (otherwise) without fault - not that it terminates where it is supposed to.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hlawrence9

That's nice but not my problem they came out once daid it was fixed didn't even bother coming into the house then they find it isn't fixed end of day I work full time I can't keep taking time off work to sit around for hours because they was to incompetent to fix it proper first time round I've asked for my credit limit to be set to zero whilst they sort the issue out which should of been done the first time round simple not that I have to justify anything. The moment a company knows something or wrong they should put a cap on it instead of expecting the end user to pay for something they aren't using with the promise to credit it back I moved to plus net as it was cheaper than my previous provider and now its working out more expensive never had this issue before I moved to them. Like how you put it in the end user that needs to ensure x y and z but not down to me its down to the service provider and I'm not going and spending more money just to prove that there's an issue so thanks for your response but it was useless tired of Companies ripping people off and then blaming the end user for an issue that is not there fault or responsibility
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This has ZERO to do with Plusnet but everything to do with the local wiring owned by BT Openreach.  Crossed circuits can lead to call charges being applied to the wrong circuit.

These sort of issues can happen at anytime and can arise for any activity in the local street cabinet, any perceived correlation with switching to Plusnet is simply a conspiracy theory.

No one is blaming the end user here, simple advice being offered help to find a solution ... if you want one ... without the need for you to wait for an engineer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to us @hlawrence9, it looks like there's been some confusion cause here, and that the credit limit still appears to be £55.00 as default. 

Can you please pop a quick note here confirming that you'd like us to change it for you? This means passing security on the account. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds