cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged extra on my bill.

Daniel82

Charged extra on my bill.

Hi there I was hoping to get some help with the charge on my bill . My statement says £29 but I was charged £42 before the 14 day period was up . I was charged on the 13th day and my statement for that month still says I only owed £29 . My bill was due on the 16th but I got the extra charge on the 29th and my broadband was still on it hadn't been cut off as I had until the end of the day to pay .why was i charged before the 14 day period was up and why is my statement different?

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Charged extra on my bill.

Payment is due on the day the invoice is raised - not 14 days afterwards.  You can move the billing date if that helps you better manage your cash flow.

Does the detail in here help - Plusnet bill payments explained | Help | Plusnet

Looks as though the late payment penalty charges have been applied (late payment and reconnection fees).  Setting up direct debit or card payment methods on an account ensures that an invoice is paid on time and avoids additional administration and associated costs.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 516

@Daniel82 

Have you checked your latest bill here (after logging in).

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Daniel82

That's what's confusing me. I have paid late before and was told as long as I pay before the 14 day period I won't be charged extra, my broadband was still online and working .
Thank you for your reply.
Daniel82

Thanks for the reply.Yes I checked my bill online . My bill says £29 but I was still charged £42 .
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Hey there Daniel, I have created a ticket on: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=241616571

Please let me know when you have it

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team