Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing call plan and loss of promotional rate

RM38
Hooked

Changing call plan and loss of promotional rate

Hello

Just been in to try and change the call plan to unlimited and rather than the monthly amount going up £5 its going to put it up about £20 as you are going to charge me an out of contract rate on the broadband!

Please could you advise how to fix this as you recently messaged me to suggest changing the call plan because of the number of out of bundle calls I'd made.

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Changing call plan and loss of promotional rate

@RM38 That anomaly arises because the PN system takes no account of current discounts in its calculations, but barring a foul-up, your actual bill will still include them, so you don't actually lose out.

John
RM38
Hooked

Does this mean if it does 'foul up' I am now out of contract early and can leave to go to a provider that is transparent about what youve signed up to?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

No, and the chance of this occurring is tiny - I only mentioned it as a distant possibility. Your next invoice will confirm this, as (I think) these changes only happen at the next accounting period, but I am open to correction.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I believe that Digital Wizard @JonoH is all over this problem and raising it with the right people to update the product change tool when changing your call plan to provide more accurate pricing that includes any discounts you may have. 

In summary though when changing your call plan, this shouldn't affect your existing broadband & line rental cost. 

Let us know if there are any issues though and we'll be happy to help. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RM38
Hooked

Well you're not filling me with confidence, image.pngespecially when I have to tick a box saying im going to pay £20 a month more when it should only be £5, 

its convenient to make me wait for the next bill to find out if there has been a 'foul up' in the billing system. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @RM38 

This isn’t an issue with the billing system, it’s a display issue which means that discounts aren’t included in the price it quotes when changing your call plan. 

As long as you don’t change your broadband package, your discounts should stay the same if you change your call plan. However in the very unlikely event your discounts do drop off, let us know and we can fix.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet