Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation charges

FIXED
PabloBruno
Grafter

Cancellation charges

Hi,

After a patchy experience with Plusnet I am thinking of switching provider. I am currently paying £29.13 for about 50 Mbps and 3 are offering 150 Mbps for £11.99 for 6 months and then only £22.99 from then on (with no set up costs).

I started my latest contract last June, so can anyone tell me what penalties I will have to pay and how easy it is to switch to another provider from Plusnet please?

Like a lot of people, I work from home so also need the switch to be without a loss of service. Any tips on making the switch would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Cancellation charges

@PabloBruno   that would be a mobile network based service, so not a switch from your current land based service.

Are you sure a mobile service is suitable for you working from home?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Fix

and 3 are offering 150 Mbps for £11.99 for 6 months and then only £22.99 from then on (with no set up costs).

I'm assuming that is Three Home broadband using 4g or 5g ?

If that is the case then its completely separate from any fixed line broadband from Plusnet and is not a 'switch' as such.

any speed estimate will depend on the availability and signal strength of 4g & 5g in your location, togther with congestion on the network.

I started my latest contract last June, so can anyone tell me what penalties I will have to pay and how easy it is to switch to another provider from Plusnet please?

Cancellation fees would be a lillte less than your monthly subscription times the number of months left on your contract. You would need to contact Customer services for an accurate figure.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 50

@PabloBruno 

Have checked recently as to what's available via OpenReach at your address. Try the following. WBC FTTP would be nice.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Brian