Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate Early Termination Fee

FIXED
tony24601
Dabbler

Calculate Early Termination Fee

The page to work out a cancellation fee is not easy to work out. Is there a quick way to work out early cancellation fees for a contract that ends the beginning of December, I pay £27 a month currently.

63 REPLIES 63
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Calculate Early Termination Fee

I doubt it

Dave

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

@tony24601 I've dropped you an email with the cancellation fee if you were to cancel today.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tony24601
Dabbler

Thanks for the info - i clicked fixed on the wrong one though!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem, I've changed the fix for you now Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
redmantra

Hi,

Trying to find the page that can help calculating an early termination fee.  Can anyone link me the location please?

Thanks,

Geoff.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

redmantra

Hi jgb,

Thanks for link, but obviously this doesn't tell me this bit "We then reduce the charge to take account of any costs we save because of you leaving early, such as wholesale costs".

I was hoping there was a form you could fill in and it would tell you.

Maybe I just need to call for the figure, might be easier, but thanks for response anyway.

tony24601
Dabbler

Finally moved to Sky, back in April.  But for some reason, Plusnet have only just decided to send my final bill today! One month after ending contract, i can understand, but 3 months???? I have had refused to pay you for three months, I bet you would be hounding me for the cash. 

I can claim this back from Sky, but only within 90 days - why the hell has it took so long and because of PlusNet dragging their feet, I may not be able to claim this back now.  

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @tony24601

Thanks a lot for reaching out. you're right, something really strange has gone on here, usually final bills are produced within 20 days of the account being closed, however yours has only just been produced. Please let us know if this results in any issues with your new provider, and we'll be happy to look into what we can do.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
tony24601
Dabbler

Can I pay this via card payment, as then I know it is paid with the 90 days. If I wait till plusnet take the direct debit, that will take it over 90 days and I will lose the right to claim the cancellation fees from sky.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning :@tony24601

As the bill has been produced now, it's likely that the instruction has already been sent to the bank. If the payment cannot be taken for whatever reason, the account would enter failed billing, at which point you should be able to make a card payment.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
olie-chan

Would it possible for a member of staff at Plusnet to calculate the early exit fee for my membership?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @olie-chan,

I've had a look over your account today and I've raised a support ticket regarding this, which can be accessed here. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with and we'll be more than happy to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
MC22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi, would it also be possible for you to calculate my early exit fee, my contract ends on 8/3/2022. I’m thinking of moving to another ISP so I can get FTTP (my area has Openreach FTTP).

Many thanks.