cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband completed...but now my phoneline is down!

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Broadband completed...but now my phoneline is down!

Yesterday by 13:45 my phoneline went down.    ?I can't make phonecalls or go on the internet.
I have called plusnet first because I am pretty sure it has something to do with my broadband order. I was told it was not plusnet problems but BT. Called BT, said will be repaired today 17:00. What chance is there of that?
I start to think I should have kept my dialup and not move to broadband.
(I hate writing posts on a mobile phone).
4 REPLIES
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Broadband completed...but now my phoneline is down!

Actually quite good - BT are very good on voice problems, but rubbish on ADSL problems.
Note that you can report problems etc via the BT website.

Community Veteran

There might have been a wiring issue or something when your broadband was activated, I can't find the details as your phone isn't with us. I can see that your telephone fault is still open and you haven't yet connected with your broadband, let's hope that BT get this fixed for you at 5 so we can have a nice smooth transition to your broadband service Smiley
Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

WoW, I am impressed!  They repaired my line in less than 24 hours. Got my line back at 11h this morning, I was so relieved, could not do without a phone and internet.
Note that you can report problems etc via the BT website

Not ideal when you're on a dialup. No line, no internet.
I just got an email (sent at 04:5Cool telling me that my broadband is now activated, at the moment I am using an emergency dialup, as I cannot use my Plusnet dialup account anymore.
Will try to get my broadband going soon, (fingers crossed). Let's hope everything goes fine.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

This why I have never considered moving to Plusnet phone.
Plusnet broadband is OK - but BT are very fast on voice faults and they have never got any of bills wrong.