cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband completed...but now my phoneline is down!

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Broadband completed...but now my phoneline is down!

Yesterday by 13:45 my phoneline went down.    ?I can't make phonecalls or go on the internet.
I have called plusnet first because I am pretty sure it has something to do with my broadband order. I was told it was not plusnet problems but BT. Called BT, said will be repaired today 17:00. What chance is there of that?
I start to think I should have kept my dialup and not move to broadband.
(I hate writing posts on a mobile phone).
4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Broadband completed...but now my phoneline is down!

Actually quite good - BT are very good on voice problems, but rubbish on ADSL problems.
Note that you can report problems etc via the BT website.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There might have been a wiring issue or something when your broadband was activated, I can't find the details as your phone isn't with us. I can see that your telephone fault is still open and you haven't yet connected with your broadband, let's hope that BT get this fixed for you at 5 so we can have a nice smooth transition to your broadband service Smiley
Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

WoW, I am impressed!  They repaired my line in less than 24 hours. Got my line back at 11h this morning, I was so relieved, could not do without a phone and internet.
Note that you can report problems etc via the BT website

Not ideal when you're on a dialup. No line, no internet.
I just got an email (sent at 04:58) telling me that my broadband is now activated, at the moment I am using an emergency dialup, as I cannot use my Plusnet dialup account anymore.
Will try to get my broadband going soon, (fingers crossed). Let's hope everything goes fine.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

This why I have never considered moving to Plusnet phone.
Plusnet broadband is OK - but BT are very fast on voice faults and they have never got any of bills wrong.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."