Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing queries for BT Sport charge / Line Rental Saver

Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Billing queries for BT Sport charge / Line Rental Saver

As I didnt get a reminder about Line Rental Saver and since checking this Forum can someone confirm that I will always have to pay monthly from now

There seems to be a lot of "if you joined .... etc" and tbh I am bamboozled [not for the first time]

Secondly BT is showing up as "BT Sport channel" on my Bill but is that actually a charge for the BT Sport App please because I "lost" BT Sport via my TV on the same day as the selected Channels via Freeview disappeared but I still get it via Laptop / Mobile

Tried to open a question but even that was beyond me lol

cheers bamboozled

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Billing queries for BT Sport charge / Line Rental Saver

@Bamboozled 

I don’t know about Sport but LRS has definitely ended and you will have to pay the monthly charge from now on.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro

@Baldrick1 

Many thanks for that. Its unfortunate that its "gone" but at least I now know for sure

Just the BT Sport charge to sort now

Cheers again jt

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hey @Bamboozled I'm really sorry for the confusion. 

Yup in addition to what Baldrick1 has confirmed about line rental saver, the BT Sport subscription is for the App.

From what I can see you've still got YouView in your account. Even though it won't work as we no longer provide the service (and you aren't paying for it) I'd like to remove it to update our systems because leaving as it is is will stop you making a change through your account like renew your contract. 

I'm asking before I go ahead and remove it, because it'll mean your BT Sport subscription will stop working and I'll need to re-add the standalone BT Sport App subscription (for the same cost) afterwards. During this time you may be without it for around a few working days but it can be as quick as 24 hours. 

Do you have anything planned to watch within the next week or is there a good day for me to begin this process?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro

Hi again Gandalf [on the ball as usual]

Yes - please go ahead with the removal of Youview reference from my Bill

Also you can swap the BT Sport to the App by all means. Please start asap but I barely watch it anyway so even if it takes 3 to 4 days then it wont matter

Many thanks again jt

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi JT

Cheers, no problem I've removed YouView now and I'll check back tomorrow with a view to add the BT Sport App.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hiya. I've added the BT Sport App subscription now.

Could you follow the instructions in the automated email we've sent entitled "BT Sport App order confirmation" to reactivate the service and let me know how it goes?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro

Hi Anoush

Dead easy thanks - probably due to having App on Laptop already

Will have to start watching as it looks like £10 to £15.69

Cheers & thanks for everything again jt

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi JT,

Awesome, no problem at all.

I'll make sure we discount your subscription back to £10 for the remaining length of your contract.

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet