Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing history required please

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 83

Re: Billing history required please

Edge on Windows 11 does show the 'view more' button. Clicking it gives me bills back to Jul 22.

Chrome on windows 11 is the same, if I click view bill I get the PDF of the selected bill.

I agree different browsers seem to behave differently

Dan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using Firefox 113.0.2 on Ubuntu.

I'm not going to be changing browsers on the off chance that there is an invisible feature on the Plusnet website.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 83

To add to @MisterW 

Firefox on Mint 21.2 version 117 and Firefox version 117 on Windows 11 behave differently

Firefox on Mint is as shown by @Anonymous post.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

Edge on Windows 11 does show the 'view more' button. Clicking it gives me bills back to Jul 22.

Chrome on windows 11 is the same,

In that case its not just browser, its also OS dependant , since Chrome on Android doesnt display the 'view more

@Dan_the_Van beat me to it...

I'm not going to be changing browsers on the off chance that there is an invisible feature on the Plusnet website.

@Anonymous i wouldnt expect you to, I'd expect PN to fix it so it works on all browsers/OS !!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

It's actually worse than I thought!. Whilst playing around, at one point I did get the 'view more' displayed in Firefox !!

I thought it was due to using @Gandalf s link to the bills drop down , but when I logged out and tried again , no 'view more' button ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MisterW wrote:

@Anonymous i wouldnt expect you to, I'd expect PN to fix it so it works on all browsers/OS !!

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just a trivial missing button as is the case in this current topic,

but I still frequently can't get to the main plus.net webpage as I documented ages ago here

and have long since given up complaining about it because Plusnet are not interested in fixing anything.

I am not doing anything 'unusual' and always have my browser and OS at the latest update,  but what I see and report must be affecting many other people who don't complain, but instead give up and potentially are a lost sale for Plusnet.

Literally as I've been writing this, if I try and go to plus.net it shows this -

Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 09-56-30 Sorry - we're having a few technical issues Plusnet.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading back through that old thread, it seems my words made in jest were prophetic !

Well done Plusnet, I give up !, my last day here as a customer is Tuesday 5th September, and I won't be coming back !

Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 10-30-44 Plusnet website is offline - Sunday 29 May 2022.png

munkfish
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Thanks for all the responses, @Gandalf the issue has been explained above since you posted, I don't see any option to view more bills, when I click on the link to View your billing history it only shows me the last 7 bills.  I am on Firefox so just wondering if it's browser dependent, I'll try it with Edge now...

Ok yes in the MS Edge web browser it DOES show me the 'View More' link to bring up more bills as I would have expected, so on Edge I can see the last 15 bills.  I half heartedly started to look at the source but I think a lot of it must be dynamically generated and so any reference to a 'View More' link/image is not visible in the source and probably generated depending on what user agent is being used.

All of that said, it does still beg the question as to how I get a record of the bills prior to the last 15?  I just wanted a complete record of them now I'm about to move away from Plusnet so won't have access to my account any more.  Whilst I know I could have saved them locally when they were produced (I did read them at the time they were produced but didn't save them to file), I didn't because I presumed they would always be available.

Not desperately desperate to have them but I just wanted a complete record is all.

@Anonymous re where I'm moving to... I took delivery of a Three 5G Home Broadband router yesterday so... well we'll see, the reviews and experiences of people on Three don't sound overwhelmingly positive to say the least but ... meh I took a punt because it was so damn cheap (works out about £13/month after offers and cashback etc, though is just broadband only, no calls).  So far touch wood the speed is great, 300-500Mbps down and 100Mbps or so up (haven't bothered trying to get more speed yet either that's just where I plonked the router down out of the box!).  Ping isn't great but not horrible (25-30ms) and doesn't seem too noticeable for stuff I need it for, nothing like the 10-15ms for plusnet over last few years.

I have no idea if it will be stable long term being reliant on a mobile signal.  Possibly not(!), if not then will look to find a fixed line provider (was actually half tempted to try and haggle with Plusnet to get their current TV Fibre offer - 75Mbps for £24.99? - but as I said before I was just so peed off at the hassle of having to haggle for a crappy renewal deal last time it's put me right off).  See how it goes basically, just hope the local mast doesn't fall down any time soon or have works to it that means all the services it provides are down!

A&A sounds great, I probably would if I could afford it. Sad I'm looking at them for VoIP services though right now.  Also was half tempted to go with them to initially do the move to fibre (like for a year or w/e the min contract is) just because I know they would be on the ball in terms of getting the it done properly.