cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing ex customer for October. Confirmed cancellation in August.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Billing ex customer for October. Confirmed cancellation in August.

The site does exist. What are you seeing which brings you to believe it does not?

You’ll need to log on to the user portal after following the link. If you receive an error condition after that you might find doing a forced logout of the portal and trying again might bring up the payment screen.

@JonoH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mikex163
Dabbler

@Townman thanks for the quick reply.

Going to that page tells me the following:

"Error
Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later."

Same error last night and today, on multiple browsers in several devices (laptop/phone/tablet).

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Great, that’s what I’m seeing too. There has been a history of this page throwing an error if there’s nothing found to pay (which is what I see).

I’ve flagged this issue up in the SU discussion space - (on line) payment methods is a hot topic at the moment.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mikex163
Dabbler

Thanks @Townman.

Well, if PN doesn't want my money there's not much I can do. If anyone knows how can I pay then please let me know.

DeeCee73
Dabbler

Despite having received emails since then confirming (again) that my account was being closed, and a more recent requested to send back any unwanted routers I may have, I still received a text message this morning saying you couldn't take a payment.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @mikex163 sorry to hear about the issues you have had making this payment.

I have updated you further on this issue via a ticket on your account here

Hi@DeeeCee73 sorry about this issue. I have responded to your comments via a ticket on your account here

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Satss Reading this topic it appears mikex163's account is closed  so he can't log in which is probably why he can't make the payment. Unless you've reactivated the account I'd have thought he'd be unable to view the ticket as that also requires logging in!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I left PN some five months ago and I can still view tickets on my account, but I have to click on "View your questions" before logging in.  I'm not sure about paying via the closed account though.

ExCustomer_99
Hooked

Hi @mikex163

You closed your Direct Debit. I was considering doing the same but have seen too many horror stories on from ex Plusnet customers who have done that and had debt collectors involved and their credit rating put into disrepair as a result.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Debt-from-closed-account-referred-to-collection-age...

Let me know if you hear anything along those lines and Experian do a free credit report so you can see if PN have damaged you in a way that is not immediately obvious.

DeeCee73
Dabbler

Enough is enough.

You say in the ticket (which I can only see in the email response, not the account since I'm locked out, having closed my account) that my account was closed on 29/09/18 and that I am expected to pay for a final fee.

Again, I refer you to the screenshot from my account (attached) , showing when the account was actually closed (taken when I actually had access to my account page), which I included in my original thread.

That is absolute garbage, as you can see from my original complaint I left Plusnet in Mid August not the end of September, fully paid up and migrated properly.

I'm aware that you have changed billing systems, but this is beyond acceptable - if you look at all previous tickets and requests you will see that I requested and left Plusnet long before 29th September.

I am now going to put a formal complaint to Ofcom because this is ridiculous, and as per the line

"

As per the notification you are required to pay this within 14 days to avoid the account being passed on to a debt collection agency.

"

If you do, I will be taking legal action.

I have been a happy Plusnet customer for several years prior to leaving, but this experience has put me off ever returning as a customer or making a recommendation.

ExCustomer_99
Hooked

@Satss

It is nice of you to comment on Mike's issues issues but I first asked a number of questions on Thursday 1st November at 8:18am, which were not addressed at all.

Plusnet still have not removed the product from my account. It still says:

Current Product Unlimited (Contracted without Phone)

I clearly do not have an Unlimited Contract as I am no longer a Plusnet Broadband customer and have not been one since August. I do not receive any service from you so why have you not removed this?

In a phone call at 18:06 on 17 August, I was told by Plusnet that I would not incur any more charges as my contract had terminated. Since then I have been charged 3 times.

The first £20.99 has still not been refunded, yet you are still continuing to charge me more.

You must refund all outstanding funds.

@JonoH@MisterW

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 398

@ExCustomer_99 I'm not sure why you've tagged me in your reply. Superusers are only customers like yourself and have no access to account details, you need a PN satff member to respond to your query.

From experience, however, I can hazard a guess at what MAY have happened with your account. When you move suppliers, BTwholesale/Openreach inform the losing supplier that the services have migrated. This is done electronically, and there's been some cases recently where the phone transfer has been sent but the information regarding the broadband transfer has either not been sent or has got 'lost'. Hence the PN systems know your phone has transferred but think your broadband hasn't. Obviously in your case it has, and someone at PN needs to manually correct the system. 

ExCustomer_99
Hooked

Thanks @MisterW, I assumed your helpfulness and knowledge on another thread indicated that you were staff. I should have used recent experiences to determine that this was not the case.

It's sad that I could not have had such a direct repsonse from a member of staff. Instead we get an apology and click here.

"someone at PN needs to manually correct the system" I agree and I thought that this had been done. It beggars belief that this message appeared on my ticket on 26 September and yet nothing has been to close the broadband account.

>>11:29am, Wednesday 26 Sep 2018

>>Please arrange the account cancellation as the it is only the phone line was cancelled at the moment. Customer is not happy account is
>>still live and only the phone line was ceased.

>>Customer keeps getting billed for the broadband.

>> 

>>Kind regards,

>>R--- N-------

and the response on the same day ...

>>12:36pm, Wednesday 26 Sep 2018
>>Account already processed to close today

>>Kind regards,

>>S-- C--------

So something is obviously not correct here. A member of staff needs to tell me what is going on, get it fixed and get me refunded for the remaining payments which have come out since I was a customer.

@OskarPapa

@MatthewWheeler

@JOLO

You three seem fairly active today and it would be nice to get a reply from someone who is not a fellow customer so a response from ANY member of staff would go a long way.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'd suggest that it has gone beyond a simple refund and that they should be offering compensation for the aggravation caused. I'm pretty sure is you went through the small claims court process you'd be able to add on some expenses!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

You might be interested in this, different company but same problem:  https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/Demands-for-payment-after-account-cancellation/td-p/15832...

A mod moved my post from here to General Chat.