Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demands for payment after account cancellation

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Demands for payment after account cancellation

I found this on my local area website:

"Has anyone else experienced the frustrations of terminating Talk Talk services?  I initially attempted to cancel my contract back in May and they informed they would disconnect.  Despite repeated (and extremely frustrating conversations with them) they are denying all and are now demanding a stagerring £250 from me as I had cancelled my standing order back in May.  I am at my wirs end as they, in their very passive aggressive manner, insist in simply repeating themselves!!  And when they do call me, they say they are the CEO.  Do they think I am an idiot? Any advice greatly appreciated."

And this reply: "If you have changed your supplier to BT and they dealt with TalkTalk, any new demand for payment is classed as fraud, and you could take legal action against any person named by TalkTalk as having issued the demand, perhaps their chief accountant. It might cost a few pounds to issue a summons through the local small claims court, but it could totally block all their financial dealings until sorted. A friend did this when presented with a ridiculous demand, and two gentlemen in suits turned up at his door to sort it out within 2 hours."

It's impossible to link directly to individual posts or threads on that site as far as I can see, but you can find it here under the title TALK TALK started by Danielle Fox:

http://www.actonw3.com/default.asp?section=community&link=http://appasp.ActonW3.com/server/app/forum...

2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Fixes: 506

Re: Demands for payment after account cancellation

Moderator's note:

Topic moved from 'Accounts and Billing' to 'General Chat' as it is not requiring assistance from Plusnet.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 88.0.1 (64-bit)

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Demands for payment after account cancellation

@Strat wrote:

Moderator's note:

Topic moved from 'Accounts and Billing' to 'General Chat' as it is not requiring assistance from Plusnet.

But some of the people who continue to be billed after leaving, might like to read my post and may not visit General Chat.