why?

13 REPLIES 13
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Bill rise?

2022 Billing increases

Users have found the first bill following the price changes on 31st March 2022 odd because the brief summary presented at the top of the bill is just that - a summary. It does not reflect the important details of each line as fully described on subsequent pages. The first bill after the price rise, has for each chargeable item and their associated discounts...

1. A refund for the charges already paid on the previous bill (at the old rate) for the period from 31st March to the billing date
  2. A re-charge in arrears (at the new rate) for the period from 31st March to the billing date
  3. The charge at the new rate for the following month (charged in advance)

Consequently comparing this months bill with last months bill can create the impression that it has gone up more than the expected 9.3%. It is also possible that the annual prise rise is coincident with the end of the discounted minimum term, making the increase appear much larger.

Note: In some cases there is a known error on the first bill run which has omitted to adjust applicable discounts.

Price rises tend to cause users to review their account - some have found that their minimum term end date on the contract appears to be wrong, or inconsistent depending on which browser or environment they use to access the information. The one which looks sensible is probably the correct one. This issue is under investigation; if you need to confirm the details, please contact COTS.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dudgers
Grafter
Fixes: 2

It's happened again

this months bill is £26.22...my contract is for £23.99 per month

can someone please look into this or im going to have to stop the direct debit until it's sorted..

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the confusion. Based on the figures you've given, £26.22 is precisely 9.3% more than £23.99, so the increase would be due to our price rise which came into effect from the 31st March. 

We let you know at the time of signing up and emailed a reminder in February as well as providing some detail here > https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cpi-plus-guide/

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dudgers
Grafter

Thanks Gandalf

Hamba
Grafter

I’m still confused.   This from your link:

Will these price increases apply to me?

These price increases will apply to you unless you are currently in a fixed price contract minimum term.

For customers who are in a fixed price contract minimum term, with the exception of BT Sport, these price increases will only apply to you once your minimum term ends. Please note that if you signed up to a BT Sport service on or after 9th December 2020, the price of your BT Sport service will increase by CPI plus 3.9% as set out in your terms and conditions and as explained in more detail below.

I am on a 24 month fixed contract and my bill has just gone up.   What does fixed price minimum term mean?

I spoke to someone at customer services on the phone yesterday and he said the increase was correct.

Cheers

Hamilton

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Hamba When did your contract start?

John
Dudgers
Grafter

March this year at 23.99 per month...

IF I had known it was going to be 26 per month I wouldn't have signed up again..lesson learned..wont happen next time
jab1
Legend

@Dudgers My question was not aimed at you, but if you had read your contract, the increase is mentioned in there.

John
Hamba
Grafter

January 2021

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Hamba 

Have you checked the contract to which you agreed? I believe that the CPI plus 3.9% clause is included in all contracts after October 2020.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Hamba
Grafter

Just checked and see you are right.  So the fixed term referred to in the CPI Plus 3.9% Guide is relating to 2020 when the thing was introduced.  

I think that guide needs to be updated with the third paragraph as the first and the first paragraph as a footnote to that.

Thanks Baldrick!

it does rankle a bit to end up paying more than new customers though.

cheers

Hamilton 

Dudgers
Grafter

I didnt read my contract before this one and it stayed at 23.99....[-Censored-]

jab1
Legend

@Dudgers Reading the contract, or not, won't affect its terms and conditions. 😀