Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT cheaper than Plusnet?

FIXED
mikeharry
Hooked

BT cheaper than Plusnet?

I've opted for the upgrade to full fibre 500 at £47 per month and should be switched over tomorrow. I'm going to stick with Plusnet as I've been with them for many years and never had a problem. However I'm a little disappointed to see that had I raised the order with BT and switched to them, the cost would be just £45.99 a month.. I would also have had the option to keep a landline with BT but not with Plusnet which seems very odd. Not an issue for me as I no longer use my landline, but the option would have been nice. It seems strange to me that the same service (FTTP 500) is cheaper with BT than Plusnet - anybody got any idea why that is?Huh
9 REPLIES 9
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: BT cheaper than Plusnet?

@mikeharry  According to this post (see Message 15) from the beginning of July your full fibre 500 should be £40.99 a month.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Full-Fibre/Upgrade-pricings-now-on-portal/td-p/1877722 

You need to confirm with Plusnet what you will be paying , I think £47 is the out of contract price.🤔

ksaro1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

@mikeharry  According to this post (see Message 15) from the beginning of July your full fibre 500 should be £40.99 a month.🤔

This could also be Plusnet's ongoing issue with its automated systems. I received an automated e-mail confirming my switch to the 500mb full fibre service from the FTTC service I currently have. I was quoted the £40.99 when purchasing the switch. However, the automated e-mail stated the service was £47. I then called the helpdesk and they confirmed that the original price of £40.99 was indeed what I would pay. So their automated reply gave the incorrect price.

This isn't the first time that I've had this same issue from Plusnet. I purchase one thing at 1 price and their reply states another price.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi there,

I think it's worth calling my colleagues in our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to see what we can do for you. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gandalf  What Plusnet can do for everyone is correct their flaky systems so that incorrect prices are not sent in emails. It just causes confusion and more work for support staff to sort things out.

Not sure to whom you addressing your reply, why is a call to customer options required as both posters appear to have had the same problem with confirmation emails showing the out of contract price, that is what needs to be fixed.☹️

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I was replying to @mikeharry

Do we know that £47 is not the right price for them? 

The first line of their post states this is the cost they've opted to. Wink

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mikeharry
Hooked

As always Gandalf - thanks. I should have just phoned them of course!! Called them and they confirmed that their emails and letters go out with the post contract price on them, even though its a new contract!! Perhaps they need to address that - anyway they have confirmed that it's £40.99 for the 24 months, then the higher price from month 25 on (unless I recontract of course). Thanks again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem and glad to see we've clarified this! Sorry for the confusion there.

If there's anything else you'd need help with, feel free to let me know. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Also I've checked with a colleague from our Duty Ops team and the automated email showing the price without discounts included is a known issue which we have logged. We'll be working to fix that as soon as possible. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet