Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Watchdog

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 407

Re: BBC Watchdog

@jab1  you would think so, yes! but knowing a little bit about the how the refund/credit system works, it will need some 'out of process' action. I wouldn't be surprised if GDPR also raises its ugly head as, it MIGHT be considered as trying to credit a different account ( even though the banking details are the same ).

Given that PN caused the problem in the first place though, you would have thought that someone would be going the extra mile.

I suspect that Anoush thought it was all resolved (I've tagged him in the escalation BTW), but that it's got 'stuck' in the accounting system. Since he's now in that area, he can probably go and 'bang some heads together'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Fair enough, @MisterW . The PN accounts system, if you can call it that, is clearly broken - probably beyond repair. I'm just glad I don't have to battle it any more, but if I did, I'd be raising Cain.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@jab1 wrote:

.... I'm just glad I don't have to battle it any more, but if I did, I'd be raising Cain.

I would have started such action with a formal complaint: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1 So would I - IF I had need to, but all my issues have been sorted without need of that. I may have been lucky, or maybe I think logically, even in stressful situations, and explain issues clearly, so those I talk to are well aware of the situation.

This doesn't help the OP, and I am never likely to return to PN, so maybe this line of suggestion could be dropped?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@jab1 

The comment was not aimed at you. It is a suggestion that such an approach might gain a faster resolution than going to the subject of this topic..

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

Fair enough, @Baldrick1 . I understand from previous comments that the OP had already tried that approach, with no sensible outcome.

John
Gemmara
Dabbler

Thank you everyone, you all seem right to me, I work in the public sector and although processes are in place for a reason it just needs some who is not afraid of resolving what seems a simple issue
jab1
Legend

@Gemmara This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers, so just wait and see if it gets picked up - the right person has been tagged in the escalation.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@jab1 wrote:

That is wrong - if PN have raised a 'Repair Account', there is no ETC payable. I suggest you raise a a complaint via the 'Complaints Code of Practice' link at the foot of every page on this forum.

As stated above, there are no ETCs payable on accounts where PN have to raise a 'Repair Account' - for whatever reason.

If the old and new Plusnet accounts are paid from the same bank a/c, there is no reason why they cannot refund to said account, so that is a load of baloney.

I wouldn't be surprised if GDPR also raises its ugly head as, it MIGHT be considered as trying to credit a different account ( even though the banking details are the same ).

Be careful here John that presumptions are not made about the background as to how this situation arose.  Remember that @Gandalf was involved, so there was probably a rather complex back story ... which might have nothing to do with broken accounts or billing system issues as you infer, but a rather something complex outside of normal processes to achieve a non-standard outcome.

As for crediting monies payable on one account via another account being "baloney" I think you might have answered your own point.  Also do not forget money laundering regulations.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Fair enough, @Townman , although my comments are made in good faith based on the information provided. I would be interested to hear what @Gandalf can say publicly on this though - maybe we are not getting the full story, in which case I withdraw my comments. 😔

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Gemmara

Thanks a lot for taking my call just now, as explained I'm really sorry for all the delays here. This is mostly due to advisor errors when requests have been made to our billing team for the refund. 

I'm passing on feedback about that now and I've made sure a request with all the correct details is now with the billing team. 

I'll call you back on 30/1/23 which is when the 10 working days for that to have been processed and have reached you are up and do message or call me in the meantime if you need anything. 

I've updated the complaint ticket on your account with all the details in the meantime including my contact number which you can check here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=230252813

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'