Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorised User - Permissons?

tsaviolater
Hooked

Authorised User - Permissons?

Hello,

I have an authorised user on my account as this is my wishes.

But when the user calls into plusnet, even though they confirm who the user is, will not discuss or make any changes to the account.

I've tried to ask webchat, but it was just a circle or repeated chat.

Can I ask what the point of an authorised user is if they cannot make changes/have full access to the account without first having to get the account holder on the phone as well?

Can you confirm an authorised user can make changes to the account - and what they can't do? - most companies allow authorised users to make any changes with the exception of cancelling the account.

If you could please advise.

Vio

8 REPLIES 8
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Authorised User - Permissons?

Hi @tsaviolater

Welcome to the forums,

An authorised user is someone that may talk to us on your behalf once named on the account, however they cannot make any changes to the account i.e changing products, cancellation requests, raise faults and they cannot add additional authorised users.

If you need to make any changes on the account I would advise either calling up yourself and enacting the changes or be at the side of the authorised user to confirm you happy with the changes that are to be made.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mads - That's bonkers! What happens when the original account holder is no fit state to make such changes. Surely this needs to be reviewed at it's tantamount to useless otherwise!

tsaviolater
Hooked

Hi gingerniffler12,

Thank you for your response.

I am hard of hearing and struggle on the telephone so always have difficulty calling any providers or services.

Can I not add a note of some kind giving the authorised user permission to make changes/transact of the account? - I understand not being able to cancel/renew a contract as that is a legal binding contract, but to add services/move home/etc where the contract remains in place is something I would like to do and with most providers, having the user added they can do most transactions?

My authorised user lives in a different City, so being by their side is rarely an option.

Alternatively, is there an email address I can submit a request too as webchat are unable to complete the request I need and I would be unable to go through all the details on the phone in part to the issues mentioned above and certain other, personal disabilities.

Vio

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi tsaviolater,

I am sorry this has been complicated for you.

We aren't able to add any further details to your account allowing authorised users extended permission to an account due to the data protection rules that we work to. When moving home there are a number of factors that need to be agreed to so in this instance it may result in the contract renewing or one off charges that need to be agreed to.

One solution may be to try and use the next generation text service. This is a text relay service that has been greatly improved, available to use via a smart phone and open 365 days a year 24 hours a day.

I am sorry I know this must be frustrating.

tsaviolater
Hooked

Hi Warwick,

Thank you for your reply.

The contract is new, so not sure a renewal is on the cards and the fee is to be expected I suppose.

How to I add / use the next generation text service? - Does this allow you to fully control all aspects of your account or will it at some point prompt a call?

*Edit - found the NGT information - So I can't ask you to put a trusted person on my account to transact for me due to DPA, yet we can use a third party app to communicate private information - the mind boggles.

Does webchat take cancellation requests?

Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@tsaviolater  Thank you for your reply.  I can confirm that our webchat team are able to deal with re contracts and cancellations.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team
tsaviolater
Hooked

Thank you,

I feel this is my best route, to many hurdles and not enough support.

Regards,

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

The authorised user scheme isn't designed to replace our accessibility options that can be found here.

Essentially an authorised can carry out all tasks apart from those that

• Enter the account holder into a new contract.
  • Could leave the customer liable to a charge, like booking an engineer.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager