cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error has occurred You cannot make any changes to your account...

FIXED
FireStar2351

An error has occurred You cannot make any changes to your account...

I've had the error message below on a number of screens on my account ever since joining PlusNet nearly 2 years ago. On a few occasions customer services have said they've made changes to remove it so I can fully utilise my account but the message is still there.

An error has occurred

You cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in progress

(Note: We don't even have a phone/contract)
16 REPLIES 16
rayclegg

Re: An error has occurred You cannot make any changes to your account...

Hi Plusnet, I  have the same error. I need to choose new contract. Can the error be sorted please?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @FireStar2351 and @rayclegg. I’m so sorry for how long it’s taken to get back to you! We’re quite busy right now, so it’s taking a longer than we’d usually like to get back to customers. 

I'm sorry to see that you're both getting an error message on your accounts. It looks like you're both affected by a stuck call feature that's making our system think that there's an order in progress. I've raised this for the issue to be fixed and this should be done within 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Lupinoid

I have this same issue, but with a bit of a deeper problem.

Quite a few months ago, I called up to rearrange our phone/broadband because we were out of our initial contract & therefore the price had gone up a lot. This was all sorted, we had a new contract & it was to cut our bill in half. I also got the customer services agent to check that all the mobile plans we had with them were getting the bonus 2GB data. I left the call very pleased & went on with my life.

Unfortunately I've noticed that our bill is still being charged at the out of contract rate, and looking back over bank statements, it looks like it never changed. I then log into the online account only to find this error message on several pages, & as such I can't even look at my account properly to see what's going on: "An error has occurred you cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in progress."

Given what's been said above, I get the feeling that this error is what's somehow blocked my account from moving from the 'out of original contract period, costing £50+ a month' charge to the 'nice new contract that was around £20ish a month.'
I'm really, really not happy!
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Lupinoid,

I'm very sorry to hear this. I've had a look over the account this morning and raised a support ticket in response, which can be accessed here. Once you've had a chance to read it, please let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to help out Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
agedf9
Hooked

I also have this 'stuck call feature' after 3 months - can it be fixed please as I need to make another change... Thanks

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

I'll get someone from our side to sort this for you @agedf9 but it won't be until tomorrow now. I'll let you know as soon as it has been looked into.

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
mike360
Grafter

I've got this An error has occurred
You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress.
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Similar message :

"Please wait for us to process your recent change, upgrade or renewal before making another change."

Need to change phone plan....

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

This continuously  repeated message from many users suggests to me that there is a fundamental malfunction of the Plusnet system - I'm sure I've commented previously, but it has never been acknowledged.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

John,

I think it is an issue (already acknowledged around the forums), in the B2B processes into BT Openreach.  It is an issue which the SUs have discussed with Plusnet.  I suspect that the issue is deeply complex end to end transaction, where the failure of anyone part leaves things in a pickle.  Just guessing I suspect that it looks like this...

1. Customer requests a change to their service(s)
  2. Plusnet sets "an order is in progress" interlock
  3. Plusnet raises an order on BTOR through the B2B interface
  4. BTOR receives the order
  5. BTOR acknowledges the order (? well maybe)
  6. BTOR does whatever they need to do to apply the request(s) (could be a multi process / step activity)
  7. BTOR advises Plusnet that the order has been fulfilled
  8. Plusnet updates the user's account configuration
  9. Plusnet adjusts the customer's billing details (if appropriate)
  10. Plusnet clears the interlock

A multitude of things could go wrong from step 3 onwards resulting in step 10 not clearing the interlock.

We have seen reports of the order not getting through to BTOR, to the order being successfully processed but not registered in PlusNet's systems (step 7 did not happen).

I will poke the issue again!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@Townman I don't doubt your explanation above, but this 'notice' can also arise when a user has merely renewed a contract - i.e. no BT interaction required.

John
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

@agedf9 it should now be sorted for you Smiley

@Champnet please can you fire me across your username via PM and I will get it sorted for you as well?

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@jab1 I suspect that a re contract refreshes the BT assets.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Again, maybe @Townman but I've been away for ~18 months and still have the below showing on my account - a different scenario to people still with PN, I agree, and it doesn't worry/concern me.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 13-19-16 Dashboard Member Centre Plusnet.png

John