cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After moving home, the broadband fee is increased and the contract is extended.

FIXED
chanhk
Dabbler

After moving home, the broadband fee is increased and the contract is extended.

After moving home, the broadband fee is increased and the contract is extended. The previous fee was £26.14 but after move the price is £38.48. The contract is also extended to Dec-2023 and I remember that the contract was Nov-2022.

I find that the "Discount" is cancelled early. My contract was started from May-2021 to Nov-2022 (18 months).

After Dec-2022 (moving home), the Dec-2022 bill "Discount" is cancelled and the contract is extended to Dec-2023 now.

Could you please tell me why? I haven't signed any document...so strange.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: After moving home, the broadband fee is increased and the contract is extended.

Thanks for your post @chanhk

I'm really sorry to see your bill's higher than you'd expect.

I've looked into this for you and I've dropped you an e-mail under the ticket ref 221403245 which I hope helps. Smiley

If you've got further queries, or there's anything else you'd need help with, feel free to get back to me via our Community Forums, you can send me a private message if you prefer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chanhk
Dabbler

Re: After moving home, the broadband fee is increased and the contract is extended.

Thank for the information.

What is the "one-off charges (£114.99)"? I can see "Current Cancellation Costs: £140.69" only.

For the moving home, is it not free? if not free, why I still use Plusnet? it is expensive than VM (M100 Fibre Broadband). Their plan only £25 (18 month contract, no setup fee)

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to us @chanhk

The £114.99 one off charge will have been made up with the £65.00 House Move fee, and then £49.99 for the new line installation at your new property. Saying that, when customers re-contract at their new property, we waive this charge. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
chanhk
Dabbler

Thanks, Adam.

Could you please tell me that if I want to terminate the contract, how much will I need to pay? Thank you.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Good morning @chanhk

I can't post this in the public domain, but I've just sent you an email and text message with the Early Termination Charge. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds