cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closing

Hydramir

Account closing

Can you please check my account. I recently received a email from Plusnet informing me that the account was being closed. This was after I ordered a new contract with Plusnet (Line rental + Broadband) previous package was broadband only. My dad was paying for the service at the time, now he's no longer here, so i tried changing the payment method to my bank account and it failed.

Also my Sister cancelled the BT line rental, so i think that may have had something to do with it.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Account closing

Thanks for your post @Hydramir and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see what's happened.

Unfortunately cancelling the home phone line rental would've absolutely had something to do with this, because our broadband services rely upon a phone line being active at all times, so when the line was stopped on the 16th December, the broadband service we were providing ceased and your account closed down automatically.

I'm afraid we can't revive your account or provide broadband without phone anymore as we no longer sell broadband only packages, but if you'd like to stay with us, I'd recommend creating a new account either by going online Here or calling our sales team on 0800 432 0080. Let me know if you've got further queries though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Hydramir

Thanks for the help. I just made a new order.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for staying with us @Hydramir

I can see we're due to reactivate your phone line on Tuesday before midnight, and once that's done, we'll place your fibre order then confirm when the service will be live again, and post your new & upgraded router out to you.

Let me know how it goes. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Hydramir

Well my phone line and internet connection is up and running. Went smoothly, no problems.

Thanks again.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Hydramir, thanks for the update! I'm pleased the services are up and running. 

Should you have any further queries at all, please do just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team