Did you mean: 

A messy transfer from TalkTalk

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 485

Re: A messy transfer from TalkTalk

Thanks for getting back to us @spounderUK

I've spoken with our suppliers number porting team who have escalated the matter further and we'll have a further update tomorrow

Apologies for the continued inconvenience

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
spounderUK
Dabbler

An update. Today yet another engineer came and was unable to fix the problem with my phone. Could Plusnext set a timetable for fixing this problem? I need a telephone and think that being without one that functions fully for almost three months is completely unacceptable. Why will Plusnet not give me a new number?

Further, Talktalk, my previous provider are claiming that I was with them until December 16th of last year and are billing me accordingly, despite that my migration to Talktalk took place on October 16th. Ofcom have told me that it is up to Plusnet to sort this out for me. What are they doing about it?

I need some answers.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Hello @spounderUK,

We are deeply sorry for the experience you are having joining our service and for any inconvenience this is causing.

I am currently looking into the fault with your service as the engineer that attend the property indicated that the issue is not relating to porting your number from the previous provider, and I am awaiting further details so that we can proceed with the best action forward. Once I have this, I will update the ticket accordingly.

In terms of the bill from Talk Talk, were you still in contract when you left there service? If so it is likely to be a termination fee for cancelling with them early.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
spounderUK
Dabbler

Quick update. The phone now appears to be working at last. I hope that Plusnet and Openreach send the negligent party bills to cover the costs of trying to fix a problem that was not their fault. I am still getting demands for money from beyond my time with the previous ISP. Hopefully this will get cleared up soon. I was out of contract with them when I left so there should have been no extra charges beyond line rental (none because I paid in advance), and for phone calls (none because I didn't make any).

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@spounderUK,

Glad to hear the phone now appears to be working. I can see @LaurenB is due to check in with you tomorrow so I'll let her know it's up and running and we can look to credit your downtime with ourselves.

With regards the notifications from your previous ISP regarding billing I'm afraid you will need to speak to them about this. Despite you not being able to use your services with the fault, the actual order to port across did complete so on this date the billing with them should have ended.