cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 Cashback Email?

JamesDL
Dabbler

Re: £50 Cashback Email?

Same Problem (as many others judging from the other forum posts).
Signed up 06/01/2015 - £50 cashback on offer.
Initial payment (in advance) for Broadband and phone made during signup (06/01/2015)
Broadband switched and account went live on 21/01/2015
10 business days expired 04/02/2015 - No email
Opened up query on 04/02/2015 - advised would take 5 business days for cashback team to respond
That expired 11/02/2015 (10 days ago)
In the mean time (12/02/2015) used the "Chat" to query the problem and was told (And I quote - pasted from the chat transcript):
            "I'm afraid that our Marketing Team have not yet responded.
             But as soon as they do, we will update your account for you.
             It could be a few more days I'm afraid, they're a little behind at the moment "
Someone (anyone) please take responsibility for this (these) cashback issue(s).
Mike500

I am having the same issue - I have now been told 4 times by support that 'marketing are sorting it, please wait 5 working days'. Every time the deadline expires they just tell me the same again.
JamesDL
Dabbler

Finally received the email and clicked the link, filled out and sent the form. Exactly 1 month late.
For the benefit of anyone still waiting for theirs, I started another chat session and the advisor consulted with his manager who discovered I was "not on the cashback list".  So he arranged a referral to the marketing team (via his manager). If you contact Plusnet, ask them to get the list checked and if your name's not on it ask them to send a referral to the marketing team.
Now let's sit and wait to see if the cheque turns up in the 30 day timeframe.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@James DL
Thanks for letting us know you've received this now, sorry about the delay.
@Mike500
I'm having a look at your account now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

@Mike500
We sent the cheque out just over a week ago, if it's not arrived by the end of this week please let us know and we'll follow this back up.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
noddes79

Hello,
I signed up for an account on 12th Feb when the deal included £50 cashback. My phone and broadband were activated on 27th Feb, but I haven't received an email about how to claim the cashback cheque.
Can you look into this for me please?
Thanks
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi noddes79 and welcome to Plusnet and the forums.
I'm afraid that I don't have access to check this out for you at this moment in time. Can you therefore please raise us a ticket (contactus.plus.net) so that we can chase this further for you? Thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
JamesDL
Dabbler

Cheque received today 18/03/2015 - dated 10/03/2015. Major delays getting the email but the cheque was issued very promptly. Thanks PN.
pyro38

Same situation! I signed up for unlimited bb / line for 12 months with £100 cash back directly with Plusnet. Connected 5th March but so far have received no email link. Its all very worrying that there is no acknowledgement or mention of the cash back cheque anywhere! Somebody???
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@James DL .. Thanks for letting us know, I'm pleased it's arrived.
@pyro38 ... Welcome to the forums, and sorry to see you've not had your cash back. I've asked a colleague to chase this with our marketing team for you. They will update the open ticket on your account as they get more information.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
pyro38

This is turning into a nightmare! It is now over 60 days since my broadband was activated. I was informed that my £100 cashback was being processed and would be with me "on or before 10th May". Despite numerous messages and online chats I have got nowhere. I am very dissapointed with Plusnet and feel that unless they are going to deal with cashback properly and on time they should not be using it as part of their advertising strategy. I feel that Plusnet have breached their own terms / contract and I have informed them of this. I gave Plusnet until Fri 15th to resolve this before I cancel my contract and all further payments. I will pay nothing more to Plusnet as it is they who broke the contractual terms. Life is too short to be playing games like this- wake up Plusnet!
pyro38

Support Wizard Journey]
[I Have Been Billed Incorrectly]
[Customer Services]
[Update your payment details]
[Billing - Incorrect or query]
[Additional Information]
I was informed that my payment would be reduced automatically for the first month to reflect the delay in broadband going live- one week. To date this has not been done. Neither have I received the £100 cash back cheque which was part of the deal I signed up for. I already raised this as a question but 60 days is up on the 12th May! Plusnet must stick to its advertising promises. Please investigate both points. Thanks.
Copied To: customer@hotmail.com
- CSC Analyst
12:43pm, Monday 11 May 2015
Dear Mr Turner,
Thank you for getting in touch with regards to your services.
We are sorry to see that the delay in the activation of your service has not been reflected on your invoice.
In order to correct this we have today issued a refund of £0.66 for the 8 days loss.
With regards to your cash back offer we can advise that the cash back offer has been applied to your account and the cheque is processed and issued once your services have been active for 60 days.
This was issued for processing on 24/04/2015 and this is expected to be with you on or before 10/05/2015.
We appreciate your patience in this matter and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search if we can be of any further assistance.
Kind regards,

[Email notification sent to: customer@hotmail.com]
Your Response
9:54am, Tuesday 12 May 2015
Today is 12th May and I have still not received £100 cash back cheque. You indicated on or before 10th May. Neither date has been achieved. I find this quite unsatisfactory. Plusnet is quick to take money but not to return it- despite the fact that it gets new subscribers on the basis of cash back! If I do not receive this refund by the end of this working week (May 15) I will be cancelling the contract and all further payments on the basis of your breach of contractual terms.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]
Dick:green Email address edited out of a public forum
Chris
Legend

From the information I've got to hand, the cheque has been arranged and is on it's way to you. I'd expect it to arrive within the next few days, really sorry about the delay.