Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting Out

FIXED
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

porting Out

This should be here not feedback given that it probably also relates to ongoing issues here

Interesting that I ported out today, with the O2 service receiving calls straight away for landlines  and giffgaff on restarting the phone with the o2 sim in it

Yet can still call out on the restarted phone with the plusnet sim in it, and calls from the asda sim go through to the PN sim still - so undoubtedly so will PN calls - good job I don't think I know anyone else with PN now, but have a few on ASDA which is a problem - so now need to cart about 3 phones.

All my other ports have resulted in the old sim disconnecting as soon as the new sim is activated ... but NOT plusnet.

Given it took 5 hours for the calls to even begin to stabilise when I ported my number in to plusnet, despite the old sim disconnecting straight away, I'll give it until tonight or maybe tomorrow morning before I contact o2, then almost certainly pointlessly - plusnet

I'll be calling PN in a day or so anyway to ensure the account has been closed - and recording the call.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
13 REPLIES 13
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: porting Out

Hi RobC@

We're sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered.

Please ensure you notify the adviser that the call is being recorded by yourself and they consent to this as this is a legal requirement should you wish to provide the call to any 3rd party under RIPA (2000) .

We're more than happy to have a look into your sim that is experiencing the porting out issues.

Please PM:

-  your full name
-  your full address including postcode
-  your mobile number

Kind Regards

RobC
Pro

Thanks for the offer @OllieC, but the issues on these forums clearly show there is actually nothing you can do regarding porting issues - among other things.

Nothing personal - just you can't do what PN doesn't give you the options to do.

Oh and regarding your ripa statement - your calls say recording is fine - I agree and say I will too.

and anyway - I can use transcripts even without your standard message saying that calls MAY be recorded.

I'll let you argue that with OFCOM if necessary (ICO would laugh at you if they were allowed)

- unless you want to actually identify something you can do other than ask me to give 3 examples (I could) and then wait at least 5 days to try to chase you on it when I hear nothing (Not a chance)

O2 tech will resolve it if they can. Already spoken with them - easy and helpful.

Only issue might be Plusnet/EE internal issues - and I'll do that recorded on the phone and quickly escalate it if  I deem it necessary or PN try to fob me off.

I think its long past time PN had another massive fine

-  for breaching cancellation requirements at least,

and another for continuing charging after customers leave AGAIN if they do that,

Let alone the rest. (including charging for services you KNOW you aren't delivering and aren't even 'initialised)

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @RobC,

I am sorry this has been your experience with us and I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Your points are well taken and will be passed along as feedback to help improve our service.

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

RobC
Pro

@Mads wrote:

Hi @RobC,

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

You can put 25% of my PN annual fee on my asda sim - you do owe it to us. SOOO many times I've needed it.

(rounded down to whole 10 thats 20 quid)

You can PM me with a £20 voucher code

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Unfortunately we can't add credit on to a 3rd party SIM card and we aren't in a position to send you cashback I'm afraid. If you can PM me your account number I'll be happy to check up on the status of the cancellation though I suspect it'll take up to midnight if you've ported out today.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro

@Gandalf wrote:

Unfortunately we can't add credit on to a 3rd party SIM card and we aren't in a position to send you cashback I'm afraid.

If you can PM me your account number I'll be happy to check up on the status of the cancellation

though I suspect it'll take up to midnight if you've ported out today.

LOL I didnt expect the credit @Gandalf ... without a small claims court result - and providing the evidence for that would be a more pain than its worth as you so rarely report your outages and I cant be harrassed to give 3 examples, let alone dozens to save a few quid ......

Your second point is interesting as I believe you are perhaps one of the more technical here ..

How would you do that when PN staff here apparently can't even check split ports or correct data/txt settings for people coming into Plusnet?  (per the threads here and my own experience on joining)

Do you perhaps mean you would check that some flag on the plusnet systems say port is completed - like with those other split ports we see here where they are asked for examples?

If so - rather pointless I think.

Your point on timing I agree - I said it took 5+ hours for services to work when I ported in (5 weeks when i first got sim)

... but In my experience It just shouldn't happen on the porting out service

No great issue with a few hours in normal circumstances - but PN just aint normal and you get to expect bigger problems when things just aint right.

Interesting that all the O2 related services like giffgaff as well as landlines worked immediately this morning on porting the number to the O2 network - just EE ones didnt

- and ALL services including EE (inc EE mvno) worked straight away when I got the o2 sim.  I did check - unlike the PN sim.

As stated above - some EE reseller callers simply got what sounded like a dead line tone for weeks when I joined PN (including two family members) although all o2 ones calling me came through OK - I checked.

(Got a months credit for that - it really wasn't enough.

- same when the issues returned for a shorter period when I later foolishly ported number in (from EE!).

and the EE ones (not tested PN) seem to be last to work properly on o2

BUT

VM and ASDA calls are now coming through in addition to the O2/giffgaff/landlines that worked from the off

PN signal has gone from sim - not registered on network.

Account shows zeros - Yes I can still access it (but I think I know why it hasn't gone as many reported theirs did).

We'll see.

At the moment its nice to have a service that just works, and I only need carry one phone.

Not sure if PN numbers are getting through, and at the moment I dont care. Everyone elses now seems to be working fine.

LOL

RobC
Pro

Fix

Oh - and I believe that o2 when I queried the problems probably sent out a routing update as they were by then both the originating and current network as far as the rest of the world was concerned.

I might have mentioned potential ongoing PN issues possibly worth consideration as a factor.

Perhaps just took EE/PN a while to be corrected on a FU.

Only a minutes job and a couple of hours to cascade for o2 ...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

How would you do that when PN staff here apparently can't even check split ports or correct data/txt settings for people coming into Plusnet?  (per the threads here and my own experience on joining)

I'd simply check for any notifications on your account which may indicate that the port out has completed that we may not have relayed across to you via email and/or text message. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro

@Gandalf wrote:

I'd simply check for any notifications on your account which may indicate that the port out has completed that we may not have relayed across to you via email and/or text message. 

What messages or emails would they be?

I've had zippo nada nothing since receiving my PAC sorry your leaving txt earlier in the month.

WELL - apart from a fresh months charge last week on my bank statement received today - sure I paid in advance ... and renewal is start of next month ...

(you got 200,000 off your last million pound fine for overcharging didn't you)

LOL - maybe plusnet texts aren't getting through - due to a plusnet port out ferk up

Everyone elses, including EE VM and ASDA (EE) services are coming through fine.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately there's not much more I can advise without seeing your account.

Feel free to PM me your account number and I'll be happy to check it.

Thanks.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro

@Gandalf wrote: any notifications on your account which may indicate that the port out has completed that we may not have relayed across to you via email and/or text message. 

So what 'notifications' should I receive on porting out?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm not confident we send notifications when porting out. This is pretty much why we're offering to check for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro

That is what I thought @Gandalf

You really should know you know, else how would you know if its gone wrong?

The PN systems are very clearly OFTEN wrong - and not knowing what should happen means you cant tell when it has gone wrong.

Which really makes any good result more luck than design however much you might care.

There really is simply too much blatant seat of pants blagging it and then winging away and leaving it at Plusnet