cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no mobile service

nono

no mobile service

This is the second day now without network service.

Can you please tell me when it might be fixed  ?

11 REPLIES 11
jaylc005

Re: no mobile service

This is strange that nobody has answered this but the issue still persists and it seems plusnet are not going to assist me in any way.

I have had this issue for almost 5 days now, and both times I have called, customer service has not offered me any explanation, nor anything with regards to feedback or if anyone will get back to me.

Both times they offered compensation but no explanation how to get it but to be honest, I just want my service back.

I had to lose an extra £100 in my wages because I could not complete my on-call rota till the end last week, I can't get into my whatsapp, nor can I access google because I use 2FA unless I want to open up an account recovery which takes 3-5 days with google.

The plusnet website says the issue 'affecting a small number of customers' is resolved, it ain't. Let me tell you..

My second call, the lady didn't even question if anything could be wrong with my phone. Just told me to try and search again, and when I told her I have done that just before calling, she said it will be sent to the engineers, no advice on recourse or if I would be advised about the situation in the future.

Being an IT technician, I also have access to a handful of brand new phones at any time, last week, I tested my sim in 2 brand new nokia 6's, the first thing it did, was told me I have a voicemail, then I got a message saying 'sim not provisioned'. Again, no signal in either phone.

Whatever the issue is, its not resolved, and plusnet are offering nothing in way of an explanation. Not even a case number to call back with.

The advice from plusnet was simply, try to search for the network again, which does nothing, all networks except plusnet show.

@nonodid you get signal eventually, or do you still not have it?

Iggis

I am having the same issue. I actually got 3G on Friday afternoon but it was off again on Saturday morning. Plusnet have offered me no explanation or solution. They are sending out a new SIM card but I will have had no data for over a week by time it arrives. I don’t expect it will solve the issue. I am not a happy bunny, their customer support is useless. I will more than likely cancel my contract and go somewhere else.

Ado16
Grafter

I have a similar problem. Early last week my original SIM died. Plusnet said it must be faulty and sent me a new one which I received on Thursday. It took til yesterday to get it activated as they said there was a technical issue and could not do it for 2 days. I am still waiting for the SIM to be activated.
I have contacted Plusnet several times and they cannot give timescale for when the SIM will be activated but it will not be today as technical bods do not work on Sundays. I have had no service since Tuesday. All they will tell me is the account is pending and they will offer me compensation once account is released. Feel like I am being fobbed off.
I am disabled and need a working phone in case I need to contact someone for help while out and about. This has stressed me out and I am worried how I am going to manage while out tomorrow.
Socket

I have the same problem here, no mobile connection since Wednesday last week, I don't suppose anything will be happening on a bank holiday Monday. Initially I was sent a new sim, which didn't fix the issue, then I was told there was a bigger problem which would get fixed. Then the bigger problem was fixed but I still wasn't working. From my perspective I'm still getting 'sim not provisioned' so it looks like the same issue to me. I was told though that my account is stuck in 'pending' activation and it's with the operations team, however the service agent wasn't able to contact the operations team, or escalate or chase with them or even get any idea when it would be looked at or resolved. So I have no information to go on, no idea when it will be fixed and it appears there's no way to chase or escalate the problem. Meanwhile I'm missing calls and texts, can't get any data when out of the house or do anything like internet banking that needs a code texted to my phone. Compensation has been mentioned but I really want to have is a working phone or at least an idea of when it will be.

Steve

jaylc005

I haven't been offered a sim, nor an explanation, And Jono on this website claims the issue was resolved with no way to respond to that post. 

I am seriously annoyed at this.. 

Due to the entire lack of advise or information, and that it seems everybody but myself have been offered a replacement simcard to try and resolve the issue, so I will port my number to another network. Smiley I need my number back. 

Ado16
Grafter

Service restored between 4pm & 5pm. Much relief all round. Good luck to everyone else Note to Plusnet - Organise your Communications better so staff can give full details of "Problems" rather than "Sorry - the account is in pending". If engineers are working on a problem, explain what the fault finding entails and how far they are in fixing the problem. Even a rough percentage as to how many numbers have been reactivated so far would be better information than what has been given out this time. It's not good that
your poor Call Centre Staff have nothing to work with.
jaylc005

I still have no service..

Yes, I have tried to rescan networks. 

Socket

Hi

I'm back on again but had to go in to flight mode and back out again to get it to find the network. It would have been nice to have been notified so that I could do that as I wouldn't have guessed that any action would have taken place before tomorrow, what with it being a bank holiday etc.

jaylc, I hope you get connected soon.

Steve

nono

Mine got restored today.

They said it was a problem with EE which the engineers were working on.

Iggis

Still not working here. Went to car phone warehouse and got a sim with a different network. Plus net have failed me. Number ported, account cancelled, DD cancelled.
Aamirk

I was told a by a woman on the phone at the customer service a week ago that its a problem with the EE network, still no service here over a week. Dont know what to do. I'm missing all my on call duties.