Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant send texts

FIXED
allank

cant send texts

I wonder if anyone can help or advise ?

I am a SIM only customer and since changing my phone about 6 months ago I have never been able to send texts though I can receive them. The relevant facts are as follows ---- 

My phone is a Realme 5 pro model RMX1971

My number is [Removed]

When I tap send I get an immediate FAILED TO SEND MESSAGE

i am using the built in messaging app but have also tried another with the same result

i am unable to edit access point name as it is grayed out 

I have tried adding a new access point name without success

I am also unable to log on to my Plusnet  account though I am sure that my username and passwords are correct

Please help or advise because being in isolation I really need this facility  --  Thanks 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: cant send texts

Fix

Check that you have the correct message center number in your settings

it should be +44 7870002308

Select the mesaging app, then menu and then settings , there should be a Message centre ( you may need to select advanced settings first ), check the number shown there and if its not the one above then correct it.

NB you might want to edit your original post to remove your phone number, this is a public forum

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

allank

Many many thanks that has solved my problem immediately . The number in there was my phone number but I haven't entered it ? It must have been set up by Plusnet somehow ?

I take your point that I shouldn't post my number on here but as yet I haven't found out how to edit it out?

Thanks again 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

It should have configured automatically from the sim.

Glad that sorted it.

Theres only a finite time during which you can edit a post, so I've asked the moderators to remove your phone number from the post.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

allank

Thanks again for fixing something that's been bugging me for some time.